xvi- Cara

Isabelle

Isabelle

The warm wind of March blew, warming up the coldness left by February. It's been almost three weeks since I started my part-time at Tyler's and also tries to find a real job but no matter what, I couldn't seem to find it. Today I had gone to the library that had agreed to hire me as a staff for bookkeeping, but today, when I arrived, they said they couldn't give me the job. It was strange for me but I decided to brush it off. It did seem relatively small. My phone buzzed in my pocket and the caller id read Tyler. Unconsciously a smile lit up my face as I answered the call. "Yes?" I asked. "Where are you?" He asked. "I'm going home now," I replied. "Why? Isn't this your first day at the library?" I could feel the confusion in his voice. "Long story," I mumbled. As the months passed, my weight was beginning to increase, giving me knee pain. Deciding to take a break, I sat on the bench in front of the park and sighed in relaxation.

"You sound tired. Where are you? I'll come to pick you up." He said. "No, I'm fine!" I immediately protested. "Come on, I am done with work early so I called to ask. You are free as well so let's grab some ice cream." Tyler said. I could hear the sound of keys juggling from his side and chuckled at his excitement. I can never say no to ice cream, especially if it's free. "Sure," I replied and waited for him to come to pick me while I rested under the shade of leaves dancing in the wind.

In the past week, I had spent quite a time with Tyler. I got to know him more than just Vernon's friend and my employee. He was actually a goofball and would do anything to make people around him smile but one thing I've noticed is Tyler seems to always want company. It was as if he was afraid to be alone. I never questioned him about it though. I've grown to like his company.

"Ella!" I heard his deep voice call for me. My lips turned up in a grin seeing Tyler walk up to me with a pink rose in his hand. "I told you I don't like flowers," I said accepting the offered beautiful piece of nature. "I know, they get withered." He said. "Still, I like to give them to you." He added. Except for a shake of my head, I couldn't say anything. "Let's go. I want ice cream." I said and walked towards his car.

"What happened at the library?" Tyler asked as we buckled up. "They said they can't afford to have any more employees," I replied. "Then why did they agree to hire you?" He asked with a frown. I just shrugged in response. "Strange!" Tyler mumbled under his breath and continued driving to the ice-cream parlor. Tyler got me a cookie and cream ice cream while he took the strawberry one. "Why do I have to feed you?" I asked feeding him a spoon of his ice cream while he drove the car. "Because I'm driving." He stated the obvious. "We can stop the car, eat the ice cream, and then drive," I suggested with sarcasm in my voice after swallowing the creamy goodness of heaven that melted as soon as it touched my tongue. "We don't have time. My cooking lessons." He replied and gave me a quick glance before looking back at the road. "Why the rush?" I asked. Tyler didn't say anything, just drove.

We reached Tyler's condo and rode the elevator while finishing our ice cream. We walked on the long corridor to the only wooden door the floor had which was of Tyler's. He punched in the code and the door opened with a beep sound.