ii - new year's eve

Isabella

Isabella

"Remind me why am I doing this again?" I asked while sitting in front of an oval mirror in Victoria's room while she ran a hot flat iron over my blonde locks. I could see steam coming off of it occasionally which made me worry but according to my best friend it was 'normal'. I swear if I become bald I'll run a razor over her thick head.

"Because you love me." She answered nonchalantly. I looked at her reflection in the mirror and saw her carefully take a bunch of my hair, secure it between the two iron plates and slowly drag it down its length. I have never seen this woman concentrating on something so hard before. "Yeah.." I trailed it off like I wasn't completely agreeing to it. "Excuse me?" She asked in disbelief. Her eyes narrowed down at me. "How long is it going to take?" I asked instead. "If you stop whining then we will be done in about 15 minutes." hearing which made my eyes widen. "We are in it for 30 minutes now, you need more 15 minutes?" I asked. "It would've been over if you weren't moving so much." Victoria taunted. "Now hush and sit or I won't be so gentle with you makeup." she threatened which immediately made me sit straight. Using every muscle in my body to not move them, if that makes any sense.

I did as Victoria instructed me to do. I shut my eyes when she said so, I looked up when she said to, I opened and closed my mouth when she asked me to and the list went on and on. Finally, what felt like more than 15 minutes Victoria left my face alone but before I could see myself in the mirror she made me stand by holding my shoulder and pushed me towards the bathroom door. "Go, change. Your dress is already in there." She said and went back to her vanity mirror to do her own make-up. I sighed heavily with a slumped shoulder like some heavy weight was placed on it. I wasn't very fond of this party anymore. All I thought was just were a simple dress, go to the party, dance and call it a night but I am still stuck on the dressing part. It's going to be a long night.

I went inside the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I looked around at the huge bathroom in front of me. It wasn't that huge but for me it was, it was thrice the size of my bathroom, probably also included my kitchen too. I sucked in a breath when my eyes landed on the baby blue dress that was hanging on a rod. It was the most beautiful gown I ever laid my eyes on. I touched the fabric with my fingers, feeling the smooth satin cloth. I quickly got undressed and wore the tulle dress carefully. I adjust the sleeves which were off-shoulder and brushed my hands over the lace appliques and smiled. Now there was no weight on my shoulder, it was in fact on my heart. A good kind of weight, the weight of happiness. I never got to wear a dress in my life before, I never thought I could in the future as well but life is full of surprises. I quickly walked out of the bathroom to look myself in the floor-length mirror in Victoria's room.

The first time I looked beautiful, I felt beautiful. Never did I noticed my curves or the beautiful slight tan on my skin. My blonde hair framed my face and fell over my breasts. I touched the deep V neck of my dress that showed a ghost of my cleavage, the silver chain on my neck holding a small piece of diamond in the middle of my chest.