Chapter 2

tysm for all the comments on the first chapter omg <3 it was so many i was surprised, i'll respond to the rest rn !

QOTD: current favorite show?

Two weeks. After two full weeks, Ardyn's finally stopped perking up every time the bell rang and signaled a customer. Because it was never them. Which, when he thought about it, made sense. It's not exactly normal to be visiting a sex shop every chance you get.

And while he stopped showing his excitement every time the bell rang, he couldn't stop himself from feeling it. The resulting disappointment when it wasn't Kahili and Valen always made Prince snort. Prince even had to apologize on his behalf after Ardyn greeted a customer with such strong disappointment.

But really, it's not infatuation.

He's just.. curious.

Ardyn was on break when Prince came into the back and leaned against the doorway. "You've been sneezing a lot today."

"I know." Ardyn sniffled pitifully. "I think I'm getting sick."

Prince only hummed in acknowledgment but made a mental note to buy tissues for him. "When's your break over?"

Ardyn's ears twitched in confusion, having just gone on his break not even five minutes ago. "Um," he checked his phone, "like, twenty-five minutes."

"Okay~" Prince sang, pushing himself off the wall. "Your favorite customers are here but I'll go ahead and ring them up."

Ardyn's chair loudly scraped against the floor as he stood up and grabbed his lanyard, the only mandatory part of their uniform. "I'm done, you can go on break now."

Prince laughed, something sweet and airy, and walked in, fully expecting this reaction. "Your hours are gonna be messed up, you'll probably get in trouble too."

"Don't care." Ardyn tossed his unfinished fruit cup in the trash just as Prince took his seat. "..Thanks, though."

"Mhm~ Remember me when you're rich."

"We live together."

"Remember me."

"Okay, okay." Ardyn took a total of two steps before pausing, "Wait- I'm not even going to flirt with them. I'm just gonna ring them up because-"

"Don't care." Prince was already scrolling through his phone. "You're ruining my break, go away."

Ardyn would've scowled at him if Prince hadn't gone out of his way to let him know Valen and Kahili were there. But he wanted to.

Just as Prince said, Kahili and Valen were waiting in the front when Ardyn pushed back the curtain separating the break room. And oh, it had only been two weeks, but his tail couldn't stop wagging.