The Perfect Weapon

"Now we move into the final part of the plan"

_______________________________________________

"Jay what the hell are you doing here?" Adam questions as Jay comes up the stairs of intelligence.

"My job." Jay responds. He walks over to his desk and logs on to his computer.

"Jay, you shouldn't be here." Voight says as he comes out of his office.

"Sarge, all due respect,"

"No, no more excuses. I should've taken you off the case the minute we found out you had a personal connection. Now, I need you to tell me whatever you've discovered that made you come here."

"Sarge,"

"Now!"

Jay sighs before glancing at his computer then back to Voight, "She was at the hospital. In my room. That means there were more of his men there, otherwise she would've done more to escape. Instead she left me a note," Jay pulls out the gum wrapper and hands it to Voight.

"Bembenek? What's that supposed to mean? Oskar and Jacob are dead." Voight says.

"I know, that's why I came here. To check this," Jay turns his computer screen towards Voight to show a personnel file for Sean Bembenek. "They had a brother, but based on his record compared to theirs, they didn't know about him. Like how Will and I didn't know about Elizabeth. Only problem is, he can't reunite with his brothers, because they're both dead."

"And Sean thinks it's because of you, so now he wants to ruin your life the way you ruined his." Kim says.

"Exactly, now you would think he would just kill me-"

"But that doesn't make you hurt the way he has, that would hurt Will and Elizabeth more" Adam says.

"Meaning he's probably going to do something to one of them, and I can't let that happen. So you gotta let me help Sarge."

"Jay, I can't do that. You're off the case. It's too personal for you, hell you ended up in the hospital because of how much you're putting into this." Voight responds before he begins to walk away.

"What about Justin?"

"Watch yourself Jay" Kevin warns.

"You don't think that was too personal?" Jay pushes.

Voight turns around to face Jay, "Don't bring him into this. You're done with this case and you better choose your next words wisely before you're done with this unit!" Jay looks at Voight speechless before Voight turns and storms out.

_______________________________________________________

"Put this on." Sean says while throwing some clothes at Elizabeth

"What is this?"

"Doesn't matter, put it on."

Elizabeth holds up the outfit to examine it, "How'd you get my tactical gear?"

"It's not your original just a very close replica, now put it on."

"I'm not changing with you standing there."

"I'm leaving, I'll be back in five minutes and you better be ready to go."

Sean walks out of Elizabeth's room and makes a phone call.

"Who is this?"

"Why hello Jay"

"Sean"

"So you finally figured it out, took you long enough."

"What do you want with Elizabeth, you and I both know she had nothing to do with your brothers"

"I know, but she is just such a perfect little weapon, and I think after a few short months I can get her to do anything I want, maybe even kill you. But where's the fun in that? You don't get to suffer, just die. So perhaps she'll kill Will instead."

"Leave Will out of this. Just let Elizabeth go, you can have me."

"Oh now that does sound fun. I'll send you an address, be there in an hour for our little visit and I'll decide what I want to do with you Halsteads."

Sean hangs up satisfied with how things are going "everything goes according to plan."

____________________________________

Jay walks back into the bullpen after taking a phone call.

"What the hell was that about?" Kevin asks.

"Nothing" His phone dings as a location pops up on the screen "I'm going to go home though since I'm off the case now." Jay replies.

"Ok, listen man we're here for you if you ever need anything." Adam says.

"Thanks." Jay leaves the bullpen and everyone looks at each other.

"He's not going home is he?" Kim says

Hailey sighs, "Nope"

Voight walks in "Where is going?"

"Home" Kim responds.

Voight looks at Kim then the rest of the team, "We all know that's a lie, where is he really going?"

"We don't know" Adam answers "I can check his phone though, I think he got a message before he left."

"Do it"

"On it boss"

"Now listen you guys, where ever he's going, we're going too, but he can't know we're on him, more likely than not he's going somewhere in relation to the case."

"Uhhh Sarge, last thing to come on his phone was a location, and the message '1 hour or it's over' but it doesn't say who it's from"

"That's Sean" Hailey says "Jay is going to see Sean"

"By himself?" Kim questions.

"We can't let him do that, send me the address, suit up everyone let's go get this idiot."

_______________________________________________

"I'm done" Elizabeth says, walking out.

"Good, you know I could always use someone on my team with your assets. Thoughts?"

"You took me hostage, shot me, held my brother hostage, gave my other brother so much stress he collapsed and had to be hospitalized, forced me to visit him to cause more stress, and you're probably planning his death right now, and you're giving me a job offer?" Elizabeth questioned, her voice filled with shock, "thanks but I think I'll pass."

"That's unfortunate" Sean says before one of his men knocks Elizabeth out. "I'm sure she'll come around eventually, for now let's focus on the downfall of Jay Halstead."