Protective Custody

"You have some serious explaining to do"

As Kevin and Adam rush off, Green, Voight, and Halstead all enter Voight's office. Voight closes the door and Jay waits no time to interrogate Agent Green, "Is he telling the truth? Is that girl related to me? Is that why you added that little bit about her and I having similar training?" Before anyone can react to what Jay said, his phone starts to go off, this time it's Will. "Hey, man I meant to call you-"

"Why are Adam and Kevin here at med saying I need to go into protective custody?"

"I'll explain when you get here."

"No, Jay listen, last time I was in protective custody I was cut off from the rest of the world I couldn't talk to anyone. I can't do that again."

"I understand Will, but you need to get down here."

"Why?"

"I-" Jay sighs before glancing towards Voight and Green and continuing, "Do you know a girl named Elizabeth?"

"Yeah there's a girl named Elizabeth who normally volunteers at the hospital about every other day. Why? Did something happen to her?"

"I'll explain more when you get here. Hurry." Jay hangs up and turns back to the two other men in the room. "So, got anything to say Michael?"

"Listen, when this girl was handed over into our custody her, well, your fathers one request, actually demand is a better way of putting it. His one demand was that Elizabeth be kept away from your family, no contact, no knowledge, as far as she was concerned you and your brother don't exist and your father was somewhere in protective custody unable to contact her."

"Great," Jay began, "except she clearly found out about Will and now he is in danger."

Before anyone could respond Adam and Kevin walked in with Will in tow. "Adam I want you to see if you can get access to that camera feed from earlier without them knowing we're watching" Voight says. 

"Got it boss," Adam replies before promptly getting to work on his computer.

Will glances at the board and sees a picture of Elizabeth on it. "What happened to her? Everyone at med was wondering, she's never missed a day since she started."

"Did you know?" Jay responds.

"Know what?"

"What is Elizabeth's last name?"

"I- I don't know why?"

"Will listen to me. That girl is Elizabeth Halstead, she is 15 years old and she is our sister."

"Our what? Wait 15 years? Mom died 15 years ago."

"I'm aware, Will."

"Was she adopted?"

"Kind of, she's been working with the FBI for 8 years. She doesn't know we exist, well, except for you I guess, but she doesn't know you're related."

Before they continue Adam sits up, "Hey guys I'm in." Everyone gathers around to see Elizabeth in the same position from earlier talking to someone slightly off screen. She looks at the camera with a quizzical look as if she knows they are now watching her.

"You can't kill me." El says staring at the person off screen. "You wanna bet?" He replies coldly. "Well I mean technically yes you could in fact kill me. But you don't want to do that." She responds. "What is that supposed to mean?" questions the man. "Well, clearly it's not me you want, it's this guy, Jay? I think you said his name was. Anyway, you kill me, you lose any leverage you gained in the past 24 hours. And listen this cut your guy gave me, it's not pretty. If it gets infected I will die. I need medical attention." 

The man rolls his eyes before continuing to talk, "Great. Now in a few moments your brother and his team are going to be able to see you, you get thirty seconds to talk before I make my demands. Don't do anything stupid."

The team watches as the page reloads, now they really are supposed to be watching.

"Hey intelligence, I saw you got Will before I did, that's good for you. You want to talk to her? She has thirty seconds." Elizabeth sighs before looking at the camera,"Hey, Jay. That's your name, right? Anyway, you don't know me, but I've done my research into you after discovering Will, I like to know who I'm working with ya know? Anyway, I saw you met some girl who owned a bar Camilla right? Well I wouldn't go checking for CAM," 

There was a strange emphasis on that word 

"there, because last I checked there weren't any Cams there." 

She emphasized 'cam' again, but this time she winked directly at the camera.

"I said nothing stupid!" The unknown man yelled. "I'm sorry," Elizabeth began "there's something in my eye." She then proceeded to blink multiple times and wink once right at the camera. The man sighed and rolled his eyes before turning towards the camera, "Listen up, you have 10 minutes to bring Dr Halstead, and a team of paramedics to the dock near the District. No funny business, and if Will doesn't meet my guy in 10 minutes, she dies."

Jay turns to the team, "He can't do that. We can't risk Will's life."

"Wait," Elizabeth says "I told you I could die if I get an infection, I don't have one yet? What do you mean 10 minutes?" "I mean this," he says before pulling out a gun and firing a shot.

The team watches in horror as Elizabeth crashes to the ground, Will immediately calls two paramedics he's close with and tells them to meet him ASAP. Everyone begins to panic but Jay refuses to look away. When suddenly he notices something, "guys look."

As Elizabeth struggles to breathe she looks at the camera and signs "C-A-M-I-L-L-A-S  B-A-R  T-R-A-C-K  J-A-C-K-E-T" suddenly the same boy that had started all this with her comes in to put pressure on the wound. She turns towards him and whispers "chest tube" before passing out. The man looks back at the camera "10 minutes, or my pal here lets her die."

The screen once again goes black.

There is no argument, Will is going to the docks. Everyone is running to their cars until Voight stops Jay, "Halstead, you're not coming."