chapter five

elaine awoke on her bed with natasha practically on top of her, eyes bright as she shook her shoulders.

"what's happening?" elaine asked, vision still cloudy from sleep. natasha smiled. "i overheard sam talking to bucky. he mentioned something about zemo and prison." nat said.

elaine shot upright. "seriously?" nat nodded. "you better get up there." she smirked. "you're not coming?" elaine asked. nat shook her head. "after my near death experience with the infinity stones, i think i've had enough missions to last a lifetime. i'll be here." she jumped onto elaine's bed. "housesitting." she smiled.

"you're the best, nat." elaine gave the redhead a hug before rushing out the door, hair a mess and pajamas still on.

  "sam wilson!" elaine shouted, voice echoing through the avengers tower as people gave her side glances from where they stood on the main floor

elaine caught sight of sam's retreating figure, and immediately ran after him. "i see you sam!" she shouted, voice raised in anger. sam increased his pace, racing down the halls as elaine stormed after him.

"you can't outrun me, fucker!" she shouted, hauling ass across the floor when she suddenly crashed into someone's chest. bucky was holding her shoulders, lips pulled into a line when he realized who it was.

"nice hair." he said. "i need to stop crashing into you." she said before she shoved past him to get to sam. "what are you plotting, sam?" she shouted, and the man finally stopped. he turned around to give her an irritated look.

"we're plotting nothing." he said, eyes shooting to where bucky stood behind her. "you're breaking zemo out of jail to try to get answers, aren't you?" sam's eyes widened.

"how the hell did you hear that?" he whisper shouted. elaine shrugged. "i have my sources." she smiled, shouldering past him. "i'm in."

  sam and elaine were standing outside the cell bucky was currently in, persuading zemo to get onboard with their plan

sam and elaine were standing outside the cell bucky was currently in, persuading zemo to get onboard with their plan. after about twenty minutes, bucky emerged from the door with a faraway look in his eyes.