chapter six

just a quick warning, this chapter is kinda bad. i had some writers block so it isn't my favorite, but the next chapter will be much better.

~~~

elaine awoke on the leather sofa of a small private jet to the engine slowing to a stop. it was nighttime, and they'd arrived in madripoor. bucky wasn't in the room, and zemo remained in the chair he'd been sitting in earlier.

sam was sitting across from him instead of the sofa where he'd sat previously, gaze out the window. "we're here." zemo spoke up, looking to elaine and then to the elderly man who had just emerged from the small hallway of the plane.

the old man gestured to the open door, sending zemo a smile. bucky emerged from the back of the plane, eyes hard as he caught elaine's glare. his eyes swept over to hers briefly before he looked over to where zemo stood.

"ladies first." zemo said, stepping aside to let elaine leave. elaine uttered a forced 'thank you' and exited the jet, stepping onto the runway. "we will be walking most of the way to the city, my drivers will meet us halfway." zemo said, and then they were off.

the streets of madripoor were much different than the united states to say the least. on the walk to the cars zemo had said how there were two very different parts of madripoor, and then continued on to mention how they were going to the bad part.

bucky had stayed silent the entire time, and took to walking behind the group with a sullen look on his face. elaine was still annoyed with the stunt he'd pulled earlier, and didn't bother to ask if he was alright.

after a roughly fifteen minute walk, the group had soon arrived at the halfway point on the large bridge connected to the city. two black cars surrounded by multiple motorcycles stopped directly in front of them. zemo waved his hands in a gesture for everyone to get in.

elaine slid into the middle seat of one of the cars with bucky and sam on either side of her, while zemo sat in the front passenger seat.

elaine tried her best to ignore the heat emitting from bucky's lean thigh that was rested against hers in the small space of the car, but she failed miserably. she squeezed her legs shut to stop the warmth that was pooling into her core at the proximity of the large soldier next to her. he smelt delicious, and she could hear his breathing right next to her ear.

bucky looked over at her with raised brows, the first glance he'd sent her in awhile. a small smirk was pulling on the edge of his lips as he nudged his thigh even closer to hers, a teasing glint in his eyes. elaine looked away.

"you're to have different identities when we arrive." zemo spoke up, looking over his shoulder to bucky with a sly grin. "james will be the winter soldier." zemo looked to elaine with an even wider grin. "you're to play the part of my girlfriend. no one will suspect much. don't be smart, say nothing. you're to be nothing more than my pretty little play thing." his eyes scanned up her body in a brief glance. bucky stiffened, jaw clenched as he glared at zemo.

"samuel. you're to be the smiling tiger." he held up a picture of a man who surprisingly somewhat resembled sam. "he kinda looks like me." sam said with a horrified expression, looking over at elaine. zemo turned back to face the front.

"we will be there shortly. do not break character. it could mean the death of all of us." he said matter of factly.