chapter eight

A/N- this chapter is a tiny bit spicy, read at your own risk.

elaine was standing in a massive bedroom, staring down at a beautiful black lace dress that sat on the king sized bed before her; a generous courtesy of sharon. the dress was unlike anything elaine had worn before, and much too revealing for her taste. despite her dislike for the raunchy dress, she still slid it on over her body, relishing in the soft, silky feel of the fabric against her skin.

when she allowed herself a glance towards the full-bodied mirror that was hung on the wall next to her, she almost couldn't recognize herself. the dress was completely out of her comfort zone; the bodice was extremely low cut, revealing the swell of her breasts and a small bit of her stomach. the bottom was cropped high, showcasing her long, tanned legs through the slit in the fabric, and her feet were clad in elegant black heels, propping her up a good three inches.

despite her insecurities, elaine held her head high and glared herself down in the mirror. she had already curled her hair, and added eyeshadow to accentuate the green in her eyes. as much as she would've loved to have said she truly hated the dress, she didn't. it hugged her body in all the right places.

elaine was in the middle of holstering her knives to her thigh when there was a knock at the door. she quickly strapped the leather tight on her leg and walked over on shaky heels to open it.

sam stood before her, dressed in an expensive looking suite with a bright red tie hung loosely around his neck. he did a double take when he saw her, eyes opened wide as he openly stared at her.

"damn elaine." he said slowly, raking his eyes across her body. "you look beautiful." he said, offering her his arm which she gladly accepted. "as do you, sam." she said. he did a little bow. "why, thank you." elaine chuckled and allowed him to pull her off to the staircase.

they stood at the top of the steps, looking down at the crowd of people below them. there had to be at least a hundred people; lights were flashing, drinks were being poured and people were dancing. "this is a lot." elaine whispered to sam, and he nodded.

"come on, let's get down there." he whispered back to her, and they walked arm in arm down the winding, marble staircase. bucky stood at the bottom with zemo, sipping from a glass of what appeared to be bourbon while zemo was talking his ear off.

bucky looked tired and pissed, but his eyes met elaine's as soon as he caught sight of her. she sent him a small, sultry smile and watched as his eyes widened and mouth parted slightly. the blue of his eyes seemed to darken as his gaze trailed over her body; from the curls of her hair, over the opening in her dress and all the way down to her legs.

when his eyes met hers again, there was no mistaking the lust in them. bucky was always good at concealing his emotions, so it was a surprise to see something other than the usual discomfort in them.

when sam and elaine reached the bottom, sam released his arm from hers, whispered a soft, 'good luck' to her, then walked over to where sharon was standing talking to a group of people. bucky offered elaine his arm, sending zemo a glare when he caught him staring at her.

"you look lovely, elaine." zemo smiled a feline smile as his eyes briefly wandered over her dress. "thank you." she said back to him over her shoulder, as bucky tugged her away with an obvious air of impatience.

even in three inch heels bucky towered over elaine, and she could feel his hand tighten around her waist as she allowed him to pull her closer. he whisked her off towards the bar, weaving through the crowd of people who parted with nervous looks when they saw him. even with the vibranium arm hidden, bucky still came across as intimidating, but he paid it no mind and simply tugged elaine impossibly closer.