Chapter 12 | Why Doesn't Anyone Want My Love?!

~
"It was over and somehow my
broken heart still found a way to beat."
~

"Does this dress make my butt look fat?" Kara asks, staring at herself in the mirror.

"Girl I'm about to hit you with this curling iron." Sierra says, glancing over at her.

"It's just an honest question!" She says, rolling her eyes.

"This isn't gonna go any faster if y'all keep fighting! Hold still Sierra!" I say, my annoyance growing.

It's the following Friday and Kara and Sierra have chosen my room as their grounds for getting ready for the homecoming dance. I was going to go this year, but after everything went down with Mason, I didn't feel up to it anymore.

Luckily, my physical injuries are still healing, but I'm not so sure the mental scars will ever fade. 

As we've been getting ready though, 5 Seconds of Summer has been blasting through my Alexa, us screaming at the top of our lungs to the lyrics.  

They're the number one band I go to when I'm sad or down. They always just lift my mood.

"I am still!" She says turning around to face me.

"Sierra!" I sigh frustratedly.

"Sorry..." She mumbles, turning back around.

"And no Kara, your butt doesn't look fat." I tell her, going back to curling Sierra's hair.

"I hope y'all aren't just saying that. This is my first dance with Jake, I want to look good."

"Kara shut up, you always look good." Sierra says, rolling her eyes.

"Whatever." She says, looking at herself once more before walking over to where Sierra and I are at.

Kara's dress has a silver sequined v-neck top with a burgundy bottom that ends about mid thigh. To top it off, she has on silver heels.

Sierra's dress on the other hand is completely different. It's a solid black dress that also has a low v-neck with spaghetti straps leading towards the back of the dress. The top of her back is exposed and the dress ends around her mid-thigh as well, finishing the look with a pair of beige heels.

"Okay, you're done!" I tell Sierra as I finish her last curl.

"Thanks Em." She says, turning around to smile at me.

I curled Sierra's normally wavy hair and curled Kara's straight hair. They both look so beautiful.

"Jake and Chase are actually gonna die when they see you two." I tell them, giving them a smile.

"Stop it." Kara says, but there's a smile on her face. Sierra just rolls her eyes.

"I really wish you were coming." Sierra says.

"Yeah, it's no fun to go to a homecoming dance without you." Kara says, sighing.

"Y'all went last year and were just fine." I say.

They both kind of give each other a look and I pause.

"What was the look for?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"Nothing." They say quickly, but they don't meet my eyes.

"Are y'all lying to me?" I ask.

They look at each other again before sighing, and moving to sit back down on my bed.

"We didn't go to homecoming last year." Sierra says, not meeting my eyes.

"What do you mean? There's literally pictures of y'all in your dresses and stuff." I say.