Part 6

Pietro's party was in full swing. The house was filled with people, the music so loud that the walls vibrated. The whole place smelled like booze and sweat. You were having the time of your life. Due to work, you were so tense and tired. But now you finally could let loose and be free. So that's what you were doing.

You were currently nursing a watermelon wine cooler as you danced with Steve. He stood behind you, hands on your hips, and grinding against you. Your sweaty bodies up against each other. You and he were in your own little bubble.

Across the room, Bucky was watching you and he was hurting. It didn't want to admit, he tried to deny the truth, but he had such strong feelings for you. Working together and living together meant being around you all the time. He saw who you were: a beautiful, smart, and funny woman with a pure heart. How could he not fall for you? But it seemed too late. He took a swig from his beer bottle and leaned back against the wall, pouting.

"Debbie Downer much?"

Bucky turned to see Pietro standing there looking at him, donning a small smirk. Bucky smirked back, "Nah. Just people watchin'."

Pietro took Bucky's beer and nodded towards the stairs, "Wanna go somewhere more peaceful?"

Bucky glanced at you and back at Pietro, "Yeah."

Pietro took his hand and guided him through the sweaty, dancing bodies. They took the stairs two steps at a time and Pietro pulled Bucky into his bedroom. As soon as the door closed, Pietro's lips were on Bucky's.

Bucky grabbed the hem of Pietro's shirt and pulled it up. Pietro doing the same. They both staggered towards the bed, Bucky falling onto his back. Pietro's hands went to the fly of his jeans and then the door flew open.

Bucky immediately sat up and he saw you standing there at the doorway mouth open and eyes wide, "Y/N!"

"I-I, uh, sorry! I was trying to, uh, find the bathroom. Sorry!" You then grabbed the doorknob and slammed the door shut.

_____________________

As you were dancing you turned to face Steve. Your arms draped on his shoulders as you swayed to the pounding music.

Steve took one glance at your lips and leaned in. Just as quickly as the kiss began, it ended. You two stared at each other in silence until you spoke up, "Okay, that was weird."

Steve nodded, "Yeah. You're right."

"I'm sorry. You're attractive and great and everything-"

"Yeah, same to you-"

"-but that just felt wrong."

Steve nodded, "Just friends?"

You agreed, "Yeah. Just friends."

"Still wanna dance?"

You scoffed, "Is that even a question?" Steve laughed and then you handed him your drink, "Lemme just take a bathroom break really quick."

"You got it." You walked away from the busy living room and towards the hall. The line for the bathroom was a bit long, so you figured you'd check out the one upstairs.

You walked up the stairs and tried out the first door to the left and you were met with quite the surprise. Bucky and Pietro were on the bed shirtless, making out. The sight made your heart drop. You quickly apologized and slammed the door shut.

The bathroom was long forgotten as you stormed down the stairs towards Steve. He looked at you with a lot of concern, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"C-Can we go home? Please? I don't feel so good."

Steve hesitantly nodded, "Yeah. Lemme tell Bucky-"

"No! I mean, it's okay. I'll just text him."

"Alright." Steve guided you out of the house and down the street where he parked his car.

_____________________

New Bae? Y/N L/N Goes to Party with Co-Star Steve Rogers and Leaves Party Early. Is There Love Brewing Between the Two?