Part 7

Bucky didn't come home until hours later. After you caught him with Pietro, he realized how wrong it felt. No matter how hard he tried, his heart will belong to you. He looked around the party for you for an hour before Wanda told him you went home with Steve. His mind going to really dark places.

They're probably fucking each other by now. God, Buck. You really screwed up. He continued to drink for a couple more hours, avoiding Pietro at all costs. He was sick to his stomach and he didn't know if it was the alcohol or the thought of you being intimate with Steve. Either way, he just wanted to go home.

He didn't know how, but he managed to call up and Uber and he found himself home, the place he shared with you and Steve. As he entered the living room, he saw you and Steve fast asleep on the couch...cuddling. Bucky just stared at you two. You both looked at content. And in that moment, Bucky's heart broke.

_____________________

You didn't wake up until around 10 in the morning. Steve, like the morning person he is, was already awake. He had cooked breakfast for you and the rest of your housemates.

You rubbed your eyes and you made your way to the kitchen. Steve smiled, "Hey, sleepy head."

You yawned and then replied, "Hey," you sat at the counter, "Did Wanda and Bucky make it home?"

Steve nodded as he plated some bacon, "Yup. Safe and sound"

You heard a groaned and in came Wanda. Her hair was a mess and her makeup was all smudged, "Can someone turn off the sun?"

You giggled, "Partied a bit too hard, eh?"

Wanda glared at you and then sat at the counter as well, "I'm never drinking tequila again."

You scoffed, "You've said that way too many times, yet here you are."

You heard another groan and saw Bucky zombie walking towards the three of you, "Don't look at me. Don't talk to me. Just give me food." He grumbled.

You and Steve held in your laughter as Steve slide a plate to him. Bucky then looked to you, "Oh, you might want to check out TMZ. You and your new boy toy are trending."

You looked at him confused and took out your phone. You searched it up and you saw the headline and a picture of you and Steve. And you groaned, "For fuck's sake!"

Wanda slapped her hand over your mouth, "Inside voices."

You rolled your eyes and then handed Steve your phone. Steve shrugged, "You know them. Always trying to get a rise outta us." he scrolled down and grimaced, "Seriously? They even got a picture of us kissing!"

You made a face of disgust, "Don't remind me of that kiss."

"Hey! I'd like to think I'm a good kisser!"

You chuckled, "I'm sure you are, Stevie. But again, kissing you was like kissing my brother. It wasn't right."

"Same goes to you, sweetheart." Steve bit into a piece of bacon and grabbed his wallet and keys, "I'm gonna go grocery shopping. Text me if you need anything!" with that, he was out the door.

You turned around to see Bucky sitting at the dining table, glaring at his eggs. You pulled out a chair and sat beside him, "You're supposed to eat the eggs. Not stare at them."

Bucky then abruptly stood up, "'M not hungry."

"Buck, you really should-"

"Don't tell me what to do!" he snapped at you.

Wanda groaned and covered her ears, "Why must you yell?"

You looked at Bucky with surprise, "What is your problem?"

Bucky was seething, "You! You're my problem! No matter what I do, you're always in my head! You're everywhere! I'm sick of it!"

"Bucky, what the hell are you talking about?"

"I can't get you out of my head! Every second, every day! You're all I think about! And it hurts! You make my entire body hurt! You with your perfect smile, your perfect laugh, your perfect face! God! I wish I never met you so I wouldn't be hurting this much!" he then stomped away and his bedroom door slammed shut, making the entire house shake.

You turned to Wanda and she just stared wide-eyed. She then shook her head, "I'm too hungover for this." She then picked up her plate of food and headed back to her room.

And then you were left alone, shocked and confused because you honestly didn't know what Bucky meant by his outburst.