Book 1: Sentience, Chapter 1: A Substitute Avatar.

(This book will play out much like a Season 1, in such that each episode will be a chapter of a 'book'. However, each 'chapter' will have multiple parts to cover a full Avatar Episode.)

"Thank you again, truly we would've never seen our families again without your help."

They were outside a small village, The Rust Bucket parked just outside the outer walls, and the girls that had been rescued were now fully clothed and bowing their thanks to Team Avatar. 

A few days ago, the ship of Shivura had flown over and captured a number of the girls while all any could do was watch in horror. 

"Truly, it is a miracle among miracles, never did I imagine the allies of the Avatar would show up to save us." said the village elder, bowing to Katara in gratitude. "Many of our daughters returned, it is truly a blessed day, we are in your debt."

"Really, it wasn't me." Katara. "The thanks you've given is owed to Ben over there, he's the one who saved them, who saved me."

Katara looked back at where Ben was showing Sokka all the wonders of the Rust Bucket. 

("And here, is the fridge, it keeps all our food cold and preserves it."

"No way! Now you'll tell me there's a method to heat up the food again."

"Sokka, would you like to see our microwave?"

"That's it.. I LOVE RUST BUCKET!!")

"Girls between 5 to 18 years in age, all of them." Katara murmured. "I have to admit it's quite strange. "

"Truly, though not as strange as this hero." said the Elder. "To defeat a foe that even the Avatar could not defeat. Truly the beings from eons past must have been great. Do you have any sort of plan?"

"Well now that we have a way to transport our way across the globe without a Flying Bison, I think we can make it Fire Lord Zuko's War Camp." said Katara. 

"That is a dangerous journey, even with air travel on your side." said the Elder. "The airspace of nearly every Lady controlled town is filled with those wretched flying ships. And many within these towns have been influenced to worship the Ladies, their children reeducated, remnants of loyalists to Fire Lord Ozai made to believe that the Matriarch is their savior goddess."

"We'll be careful." Katara promised, bowing her head to the Elder. 

"Take what supplies you need." said the Elder. "And fly fast, rumor is we aren't the first to have our young women taken from us. You and the Earth Bender are in grave danger."

After Katara said goodbye to the Elder, she walked back to the Rust Bucket and stepped inside. 

She never really got to have a proper look at the vehicle before. 

The rectangular dining table, cushioned chairs, curtains adorning the interior windows, bunk beds in back. The style of the inside was something Katara guessed had to be akin to the home interior's of Ben's era, the curtains for one, with their grid-like patterns, looked very strange. 

It must've been lonely, being the last of his culture. Knowing how Aang had to deal with being the last of the Air Nomads, Katara was sure that Ben would have to eventually come to terms with being the last of an entire world of people. 

Though for now, he seemed positively cheerful. 

"Alright, so time to go out and save the world!" Ben said, jumping into the RV's driver seat with a grin. "I mean this isn't the first time I've gone on  a cross country road trip to fight evil, you could say its a regular thing! HAHA! Whoo! So where are we going?"