Chapter 2: The Girl

"Now this is nostalgic, watching the fluffy clouds go by while we just sit here, it's just like flying with Appa."

Katara sighed and smiled as she sat at the dining table, staring at the drifting clouds below through the window. 

"Well except the part where we're literally inside of a portable house, so we don't need to go down to camp anymore." Sokka grumbled from where he was wrapped under the covers of one of the bunk beds. "Also please don't wake me up again unless we're being attacked or something." 

Ben merely let out a huge snore on the top bunk in response as Toph scratched her ear sleepily from where she was on the pull out bunk nearby. 

"I'm just saying, we should appreciate that we tend to travel by a way that many can only dream of." said Katara sourly as she watched the sun rise in the horizon, casting its orange cloak upon the distant clouds. 

"Well wake us up when our dream travel starts talking about meat." said Sokka. 

"Come on everyone, wake up, don't be like that." said Katara, putting her hands on her hips. "I mean lets go exploring today! Maybe ride the Giant Coy fish, or find a bending master, or-."

"Or just sleep." Ben moaned, finally opening one of his eyes. "Katara, the Rust Bucket's fuel will last a literally millions of years if we let it fly at 40 miles per hour like we have been. The autonav system will do everything from keeping us from hitting birds to even warning us if the Ladies start to notice.  And thanks to the fridge, the meat you guys got at the Eastern Air Temple will literally last us the entire trip." 

(The reason the Rust Bucket flies at only 40 mph is both because the plot would go by way too fast if Appa could fly as fast a plane in the og series, the world is only so big, and technically  because the Autonav system can only function safely at that speed. Any faster and they're liable to crash or fly into a mountain, or have their fuel be picked up on the Ladies's Radar)

"See Katara? We're fine." said Sokka with a yawn. "Plus bending master finding was Aang's thing, we don't need to learn to bend, Ben's got aliens who can literally throw fire balls ten times hotter than anything Azula ever threw our way. Just go back to sleep."

Katara just stared as Ben and Sokka resumed snoring, a vein throbbing on her head. 

"Okay.. an entire month doing nothing but stare at clouds, I can take it." Katara muttered. "Just gotta breathe. 

Day 1 of Nonstop Air Travel:

"Okay." Ben said. "Are you guys ready to learn all about culture 10 million years ago!?" 

Ben grinned as he pressed several buttons on the dining table, and a computer screen flipped up, turning on and showing images of menus showing "My Records."

"What's this stuff?" Sokka asked, as Toph and Katara looked on curiously. 

"It's only the greatest Goldmine you'll ever know!" Ben said. "My Grandpa as part of managing Plumber Extranet security has literally recorded and loaded all of Youtube, Netflix, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and HBO Max. Every form of my culture's media from entertainment to education at the tip of our fingers!!! No internet required! If this weren't here I have no doubt I'd eventually go insane!!"

"Whoa.." said Katara. "That's amazing, we can learn tons of stuff! How your family went to work, what kind of differences people had in society and language! The anthropological possibilities are endless-."

"Yeah, or we can watch.. THIS." Ben said as he tapped an option. "Prepare to have your soul mesmerized. "

Suddenly, the video for the He Man version of Heyeayeayea  turned on.