Don't Let Him Look At You

I take a step back.

No.

This is something I can't do! Why would he suggest him of all people?

“What's wrong?” Toby ask me. “Don't tell me you're scared to do it.”

“No!” I shout. Toby raise an eyebrow at me.

“What do you mean by 'no?' No as in you're not scared or no that you -”

“I'm not going to do it,” I finish.

“What the fuck does that mean?” He grows irritated. “You already killed someone! You can't get cold feet because -” Toby stops himself. He turns to the glass window and stare at Angeal. “I don't get it, what's so important about him?” He turns back to me. I try to hide my expression that shows the feeling of fear eating me up. “You know him, don't you?” He glares at me.

He snatches my arm and and pulls me close to him. “You know this piece of shit?” His voice becomes cacophonous and low. By the anger in his eyes, I can see that he didn't select Angeal by random.

“I do,” I say firmly, “and if you want him dead...” I pause. I can't say that I want him to do it himself, “...I won't be the one to kill him.”

“What does he mean to you?”

“That isn't any your concern.” It's best not to tell him anything right now. I don't want Angeal to get hurt because of me. But... isn't that going to happen either way? I need to think of something quick.

“Listen you little bitch! I don't have time for you to act high and mighty, just tell me what's your relationship with this person.” He pulls me closer to him. “If you don't tell me, then I guess you don't mind me killing him.”

“Aren't you going to do that even if I don't tell you?” I jerk away from him and he let's go of me. “And why do you want to kill him? Shouldn't he be able to roam like the rest?”

“That's none of your business!” His head slightly twitches, “it's nobody's business! Just tell me what he means to you!” He use his hands to grab me by the waist and pulls me close. He rest his head into my shoulder while his whole body breaks out in small spasms.

“Kill! Kill! Kill!” He says under his breath.

Toby?

A small grunting noise comes aloud and Toby snaps back to his sense and look up at Angeal. I look at him as well and see his body slowly rising. He opens his eyes and stares up at me.

“Caroline?”

Suddenly, Toby's grip becomes tighter.

“I see...” he says softly, “you're his lover.” He grits his teeth. “Is this the reason why you wanted to come here? To help him?” His voice becomes dry.