[5] Father

Father

Lady Milicent and Elias were having a picnic in the courtyard of the estate when the most unexpected thing happened. A man came up behind her and hugged Lady Milicent! The Lady of the estate being touched! What surprised me the most was that I didn't even notice the man coming up!

Suddenly,

'DARLING' My mother screamed

"Darling? What!?" Eli said...

The man hugging Lady Millicent and Milicent herself slowly looked to Eli and slowly started talking,

"Eli honey, this is your father Theodore Meix Belphegor...

He's your papa...'

Theodore M. Belphegor POV.

Italics are in his mind

After being away for so long I came back early without anybody knowing. When I arrived the maids all said my wife was in the courtyard having a picnic. I missed her so I went straight here. After hugging her she talks to this boy saying that I'm his father.

huh...

'IM A DAD FINALLY(⋟﹏⋞)(⋟﹏⋞)(⋟﹏⋞)'

Suddenly it hit Theo like a train...

IS MY SON AN ANGEL??????

'Wait... keep it together Theo, your son doesn't know you yet,

BUT HE'S SO CUTE AND MY SON'

Theo had a stoic face to try and show an indifferent attitude but to people who could read eyes, all sorts of alarms were going off in his head. However, some other things were being said in his mind...

'MY SON'

'DOES HE LIKE HOW I LOOK'

'He looks like mini Millicent(✧∀✧)/'

'I want to hide him away so cute (✧∀✧)/'

'I LOVE MY SON ALREADY'

Back to 3rd person POV

Elias and Theo stared at each other for a couple seconds waiting for the other to do something, while Theo was fanboying over his cute son, Elias had some different alarms in his head. Namely, "WHERE WERE YOU FOR 9 MONTHS" and the sweeter sounding, 'should I really call him papa, I'll wait it out to see his personality...'

Millicent understood the awkwardness and the reason so she quickly interjected,

"Eli, this is your papa and I love him very much and it would make him very happy if you call him Papa, It's not his fault he was gone, he was fighting in a war in the west while our manor is in the Central Lands."

Upon hearing geographical terms of where he was, Elias pricked his head up a little, unfortunately, Theodore got his hopes up because he thought this was a cue that Elias accepted him as his father. Milicent didn't know why his head tilted but she did know that the sign wasn't for Theo. She made Theo sit in between her and Elias and talk to both of them to share what they like.

Millicent and Theo talked for a while as Elias watched. At least at this point, the parents realized that Elias wanted to watch how the two interact and if Theo was as nice as he seemed. Elias didn't really care, but they were talking about him and his intelligence. After hearing how much of a prodigy Elias was, Theo was crying tears of happiness.

'Ohhhhh my little boy come hug your papa please right now, and you are even really smart, I have no issues giving the entire dukedom to you right now if you say, I love you, papa"