•4•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 2 ~ Tʜᴇ Dᴇsᴄᴇɴᴛ Iɴᴛᴏ Hᴇʟʟ Isɴ'ᴛ Eᴀsʏ

★ ★ ★

"Clary. Clary, come on. We gotta go." Simon continues to plead as Clary looks between Jace and Simon. Alisha, Isaac and Jason look around for any danger, ready to protect the others. Clary sighs, making both Lovota's look at her.

"Simon, I think Jace can help us." She states making Alisha mentally thank her.

"What?" Simon asks taken back.

"Come on." She says and begins to walk towards the institute, Simon following slowly behind.

"How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even gonna try-" Simon begins and Alisha looks at her brothers. Isaac gives her an I'll tell you later look and she nods.

"Mundane, we do not have the time." Jace interrupts Simon.

"Come on, Simon. Let's go." Clary says and the five walk into the institute. The three Lotova's walk away from the three and towards Izzy and Alec who are sitting looking at some screens for any demon activity. Isabelle smiles at the girl who leans on the table behind them. Jason stands beside her, his chest puffed out and Isaac sits beside Izzy. After a while of just watching the screens, Alec and Izzy notice Simon walking into the room with Jace and Clary. Alec quickly stands up and strides towards his parabatai. Izzy and Alisha sit back, watching very amused.

"What is going on? Why is there a mundane in the Institute?" Alec questions and Izzy looks at Isaac, Jason and Alisha for an explanation.

"Best friend, kinda tracked Clary here." Alisha says and Izzy nods, turning back to her brother.

"A Circle member followed him to get to Clary." Jace answers Alec's questions.

"A Circle rune, just like the guys that took my mother." Clary states. Jace nods but Simon just scrunches his eyebrows.

"What exactly is a Circle member and why are they trying to kill us?" Simon asks.

"All we know is... a long time ago the Circle led a revolt. A lot of Shadowhunters got killed... including my father." Jace says slowly.

"And since the revolt we've been forbidden to even hear about the Circle." Alec adds.

"But, how's that even possible? It's your history." Alisha and Izzy smirk at Clary's response.

"Says the girl who didn't know she was a Shadowhunter?" Jace asks, just as amused as the two girls watching. Jason watches his younger sister smile at this and he can't help but feel happy for his sister. Isaac watches Simon stand beside Clary.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. And now the only person who knows the truth is missing, so I don't care about your rules or what's forbidden, I'm... There's gotta be someone out there who can tell us why they've taken my mother." Clary says seriously.