Episode 5

"I think it's their choice, isn't it?" Kamitani says in response to what Kashima said.

Kashima himself is taken aback at his answer. "Even if the person cheating has a child?!"

"I keep my nose out of messes like that. It's between them, right? Why should I care?" he states, direct and to the point.

"But say, what if Emiko-chan was cheating on you? How would that feel?" Kashima blurts without thinking.

A dark aura surrounds Kamitani. "Now if it gets personal, that's different." It disappears after he sighs. "Anyway, Emiko's not that type of person. I have my full trust in her," he says, looking towards the window while resting his chin on his palm.

"I see..." Kashima answers. This was a response from someone who actually had experience in relationships so he felt more reassured than he did this morning.

After class, Kashima started thinking about it again as he walked through the halls. 'It doesn't seem right to ask Sawatari-sensei personally...'

"Eyes forward when you're walking in the hallway."

Hearing the familiar voice, Kashima looks up to see Inomata and Emiko walking together.

"It'll cause problems if you bump into someone."

"Inomata-san? Emiko-chan?"

He decides to ask their opinion about the topic on his mind.

"What do I think about adultery?" Inomata clarifies. Her gaze turns dark at his inquiry. "Cheaters deserve the death penalty."

'As expected of Inomata-san,' Kashima thinks with a sweat drop.

He turns to the blonde-haired girl. "Emiko-chan, what do you think?" He's a bit surprised to see her wearing her usual smile, but then he detected an unusual killer aura surrounding her.

"I think people who commit adultery, regardless of intention..." she opens her eyes and they flinch at her ominous glare, her smile twisting into a venomous smirk. "Have a special place in hell where they can rot for all eternity, if they don't suffer my wrath first."

She switches back to her usual smile, her eyes curving up once more.

Kashima nervously laughs before turning back to Inomata. "S-so... have you ever had a crush on anyone?"

A shadow comes over her eyes again as she clenches her fist. "I'm that dull kind of person who hasn't experienced first love yet!"

Emiko places a comforting hand on Inomata's shoulder. "Maria-chan, your turn will come up, don't worry!"

Her face turns red when her mind skips to the boy in front of them. "W-who said I was worried?!" she huffs before turning away. "Come on, Emi-chan!"

Emiko waves goodbye to Kashima before catching up to her best friend.

The only thing in Kashima's mind was that Inomata-san hasn't had a crush before, either.

"Look, you need to just tell her that they don't exist and it's impossible to become one," Kamitani tells Kashima as they walk out into the halls.

"It's not right to shatter children's dreams just like that," Kashima counters. "Didn't you believe in that stuff when you were a kid? Probably not..." Kashima trails off when he thinks about it. With his personality and the fact that he grew up with Emiko, there was a pretty low chance of that ever happening.

Kamitani himself tried to think before he remembered something. "Oh. Well, I did try to practice throwing a disappearing curveball," he reveals. 'I also have my dream of marrying Emiko too,' he thinks in his mind, deciding not to voice this thought.