Episode 7

"Hey, Yuki. What do you like about Kashima-kun?"

She takes a second to process her friend's words before the pink rises up. "N-no, I... Please stop! If he hears you..." she says frantically.

Another friend reassures her. "He's not here, so no worries!"

"But I don't really feel that way..."

The guys all watch their interaction with blue faces, stuck mid bite in their lunches.

Ushimaru then looks down and mutters, "Well, maybe I do like him a little... But well, it's just..."

The first friend, the one with the side ponytail says something that surprises her. "Well, I can totally see Kashima-kun's appeal."

"Eh?" Ushimaru is totally bug eyed at this comment.

"He easily has the best looks and personality of any guy in our class. He's kind of a 'comfy' type."

The one who had reassured her also agrees, throwing in her experience. "That's true! One time, I dropped my eraser, and he picked it up for me!"

Another one pops in. "Lucky you!"

Ushimaru is still dumbfounded, her eyes wide.

The one with the side ponytail continues. "The only other appealing guy in our class is, like... Kamitani, maybe?" she ponders, before remembering. "Ah, no, he's with Chikafuji-san. Apparently, before their relationship, I think even girls in other classes and upperclassmen liked him. Some still do."

The short haired girl agrees again. "Yes, he's hot. Ah, but I totally support Chikafuji-san and Kamitani."

The one with the high ponytail interjects. "Well, he is attractive... but isn't he a little scary when he's not with Chikafuji-san?"

The short haired one retorts back. "That's what makes him so hot! Besides, he's in the babysitter club to help Kashima-kun! He's secretly nice on the inside! Definitely top tier! I kind of envy Chikafuji-san but they're so perfect together~"

Side ponytail sees where she's coming from, voicing her thoughts. "True... but I think I'm still more of a Kashima girl myself."

Ushimaru is a little blue from this revelation. 'I had no idea... Kashima-kun is that popular?'

Her friend seems to sense the negative aura around Ushimaru because she clarifies what they think. "Ah, we're not gonna be your rivals or anything, though. So don't worry about that, Yuki."
The one next to her nods enthusiastically, making her flustered again. "E-eh? Y-you don't have to hold back on my account..." she exclaims with a red face and wide eyes.

Side ponytail waves her hand. "No, no, that's not what we meant..."

The one next to her agrees. "Yeah, Kashima-kun's situation is more complicated." The three of them change their expressions into a blissful one when they think about it. "First, that baby brother is tough competition."
"Even if you were dating, you'd never be his #1 priority."
"Oh, also, Kashima-kun seems pretty friendly with Inomata-san from the gifted class, doesn't he?"

Ushimaru lets out a small "Oh?"

"Ever hear rumors that they're romantically involved?"

"I'm sure that's not true!"

Ushimaru notices two figures coming from the opening of the doorway. A tall girl with blonde, hip length hair and one with dark blue hair locks that reach her mid back.

The girl continues, unaware of this fact. "I mean, you know Inomata-san. Even if her best friend is in a relationship with Kamitani, she's 100% not the romance type."