Manga: Chapter 38

On a day during the winter holidays...

Kamitani opens the door to the balcony while talking on the phone. "Huh? What? The reception here is quite bad. For next week? Ah- you're talking about club activities?"

In the background, Taka was repeatedly following his brother, arms outstretched so that he could also talk on the phone. "Let me talk too!"

Kamitani closes the door so that Taka wouldn't interfere. "Shut up. You're annoying."

Taka starts sniffling, the tears filling up. His entire body trembles like he's about to cry. "Nn... I'll never forgive you..."

"Ah, that's fine. ... Hm, hold on a sec," he says as his hand goes to open the door. "Oi, Taka. The phone--" There's a clatter sound, indicating that the door had been locked close. Kamitani looks at Taka who was smiling triumphantly on a stool, his hands on the lock, proving that he was indeed the one who had locked the door."Hmph! How's that! This is what you get for going against me! You shall never be able to step into the house again!"

Kamitani takes a deep breath, a shadow coming over his face before jerking his thumb down in a message, 'If you don't want to die, you better open the doors right now.'

This scares the crap out of Taka and he jumps off the stool with streaming tears and he crashes into the pillow, screaming, "It's not my fault!"

The wind whooshes, a reminder of the harsh weather and the fact that they were on the 9th level.

"Hello? Kamitani? Didn't you say that Taka wants to talk? Hello? Hello? Hello?" Kashima starts to get frantic as no one seems to be answering the phone.

"That little brat should just disappear."

"Eh? W-what happened?!"

"Nevermind. It's nothing. Alright then."

Kashima looks at the phone after the call ends. "He said that it's nothing, but could it be that Kamitani fought with Taka again?"

Emiko sighs from her spot next to them. "That's the most probable answer." The Chikafuji siblings had been invited over to spend time with the Kashima siblings and they had just been on call with Kamitani, and Emiko had been listening in.

His phone rings again and this time, it was Mamizuka-sensei. "Ah, hello? Is this Ryuuichi-kun?"

"Mamizuka-sensei! Why are you..." he pulls the phone away abruptly from both of them, the sudden loud volume of Takuma's voice startling. "Ryuu-chan! I'm here too~!" "Me too, me too..."

Kashima and Emiko sweat drop before he replies. "Nn, I heard you. Kotaro, Emiko-chan, and Shinosuke are here too."

"Kotaro! Shinosuke! Miko!"

The phone is handed back to their mother as they race circles around her. "Actually, if you're free now, would you two like to bring Kotaro and Shinosuke over to play?"

"Eh?"

"Kousuke has a break from work today and unknowingly, we made too many cookies. If you can, could you bring Taka-chan and Hayato-kun along too?"

"If that's the case, then we'll just help ourselves. I'll tell Kamitani about it."

"That's great! Thanks!"

After hanging up, Kashima turns to them. "We're going to Taku-kun's later to play. We'll call Kamitani and Taka-chan along too." At his words, Kotaro and Shinosuke's eyes start shining.

Kashima tries calling him, but it seems that it wasn't going through. Emiko looks at him in concern. "I'll try on my phone if it isn't getting through," she says as she gets out her own phone. But after a couple attempts, it seems that for some reason, their calls were never picked up. They looked out the window to see that it had begun snowing. "Wow, it's snowing!" Emiko exclaims as she presses her hands against the window. "Ung!" Kotaro says in agreement with her, just as enthusiastic.