Episode 9

On one side are: Kirin, Kazuma, and Kotaro. Kirin and Kazuma are bawling, while Kotaro is looking at the water that's washing up like his soul was going to ascend. Meanwhile on the other side are Midori, Taka, Takuma, and Shinosuke. Midori was making happy sounding babbles and in front of her, Takuma and Taka were chasing after Shinosuke in the water.

Kashima looks at them and doesn't know what to think of the situation. From behind him comes Usaida with a bunch of food in his hands. "Ah, they're split cleanly into 'enjoy it' and 'beach sucks' factions."

"I can't tell which one you are, Usaida-san," Kashima says. "You don't seem to have any intention of swimming, though..."

"Oh, I'm all-in on the 'enjoy it' side," he informs Kashima before looking around. "I'm gonna eye some swimsuit hotties, stuff my face, and nap. By the way, where'd Hayato go? I don't see him around," he says, looking back at him.

"Oh. Kamitani said he was going for a swim. Over there." Kashima points in the direction he was in, but all they see are splashes from the speed he was kicking at. Even other people were staring at him.

Suddenly, from behind him, Kumatsuka-sensei surprises him when she addresses him. "Kashima-kun, you can also swim, if you like."

"Uwah!"

"Yeah, we'll be looking after the kids today," says Mamizuka-sensei.

"We appreciate all you do for us when we're at school," Sawatari-sensei tells him.

"Ah, no, really," he replies, a little bashful.

On the ground, Kamitani-sensei was holding onto Taka, who kept yelling, "Wanna play with Ryu!" All she replies with is, "You're stuck with Mommy for the day." She looks up to see if the girls were here, "Are Emiko-chan and Inomata-san done changing yet? Emiko dragged her along, hoping to give her a breather, but..." she trails off.

Kashima catches sight of the two best friends and tells them, "Sensei, they just arrived."

"Um... I'm sorry we're late," Inomata apologizes.

Everyone just stares at Inomata, making Emiko sigh. "Maria-chan, I told you that you can wear one of my swimsuits."

Emiko herself was wearing a flowy, light blue summer dress as a cover up for her own swimsuit and her hair was up in a ponytail.

"I can't possibly do that! Even with our size differences, I shouldn't be wearing someone else's clothes," Inomata replies, adamant.

Usaida decides to comment on her choice of swimwear, "A school swimsuit? Ino-chan, you naughty girl."

Kamitani-sensei gets up with a smack of a towel to him. "Shut up, Usaida-kun."

Kashima walks up to the two of them. "Inomata-san, you wore your school swimsuit, huh?"
"Do you have a problem with that?" she bites back. "As long as I can swim in it, what does it matter?"

Kashima hums. "Mm. I agree. I'm wearing the one I used in middle school, too."

Emiko is dumbfounded by his growth, or lack thereof. Middle school?

Sawatari-sensei trots over and grabs one of Inomata's hands. "You can't do this, Ino-chan! Girls need to try to look pretty at all times!"

Kumatsuka-sensei appears behind them with Kirin. "I do believe they sell swimsuits at the beach shop..."

Mamizuka-sensei also comes, tying the wrap she had around Inomata. "For now, I'll lend you this."

Emiko grabs Inomata's hand and presses a large wad of cash into her palm. "Maria-chan, if you won't wear one of my swimsuits, at least use this money for a new one at the shop."