The Fatui and Liyue

Hello!! I am Sternidae, or Maddy if you'd like, the artist of the art in this chapter is arpina on Pinterest! If you enjoy this story go follow me on TikTok @sternidae! I'll post more :)

Also your appearance and stuff, you are you in real life and you wear the normal cicin mage uniform but it's been altered to show off more of your skin, so basically short shorts, crop top, the jacket and the mask of course. You're from Snezhnaya and you're apart of the cryo cicin mages!

It's so hard to include everyone's body types so I'm really trying so please please bare with me! This is a female reader so I'm sorry. Anyways, enjoy the story!

—————

The smell of ocean water was stronger than before as you needed Liyues entrance. The giant gate towers overhead of you. Your superior, Scaramouche walked confidently through. You on the other hand were a little bit behind him. You were chosen to be a part of his team as his assistant. The bells on his hat clashed together as he turned to face you.

"Would you pick up the pace already?" He snorted, placing his hands on his hips. You picked up the pace to catch up to him, feeling self-conscious in your Fatui uniform. You were apart of the cicin mages so right off the bat your uniform was a little tight, but your outfit had been altered by your superior when you had joined the team. You pulled the hood of your further over your face as you felt judging and cautious stares burn into your body.

"Ah Liyue, I really do like this city, what about you, ____?" Scaramouche gave you an expecting look. You nodded in agreement,
"this city is quite lovely, Lord Scaramouche." Scaramouche snorted and you felt like you did something. From somewhere to the left of you, you heard someone whispering quite loudly to their friend
"Is that the fatui? What are they doing in Liyue? What do they want with us!" You lowered your gaze to look at Scaramouches sandals. Scaramouche stopped suddenly and you almost crashed into him.

"Watch it! Jeez you're worse than usual." Scaramouche smacked you on the head. You winced rubbing your head. He grabbed your chin and forced you to look at him.

"We're here to find the traveler." Scaramouche said, tightening his grip on your chin.

"We find him, we grab him, we go. Got it?"

"Got it sir!" You said confidently, or as confident as you could. Scaramouche let go of your chin and continued to walk forwards. You followed closely behind keeping a lookout for the traveler. Multiple people stared at you, multiple men tried to come up to you but were interrupted by Scaramouche wrapping his arms around your waist. The men backed off almost immediately.

"I'm hungry. Let's find a restaurant, I heard Wanmin Restaurant is good, are you hungry?" Scaramouche suddenly announced. Scaramouche pulled off your hood and headed away. You nodded and followed him towards a restaurant with a giant sign that read Wanmin Restaurant.

"Hello! My names Xiangling! Can I get you a seat?" a young black haired lady said happily. Scaramouche nodded.

"Yes we'll just sit right there." Scaramouche pointed to a stool in front of you. There was only one stool so you thought you would stand.

Scaramouche sat down and grabbed your wrist. He looked at you with an expecting look.

"Sit." He commanded.

"Ah, Lord Scaramouche I can't, there's no room for me." You replied innocently.

"Don't play with me _____, sit down." Scaramouche gestured with his free hand to his lap.

Obeying his order, you sat down awkwardly on his lap. Scaramouche rested his chin on your shoulder as he whispered in your ear.

"Order. What do you think I'd get here?" He pulled a menu towards you.

"Go on, I want to see what you think I like to eat." He breathed on your neck. You looked down at the menu and examined it. It was hard to focus on the menu with your superior breathing down your neck, literally.

"Well uh what about this one?" You pointed to something on the menu. Xiangling took your order and headed into to kitchen.

Your heart was beating in your throat as Scaramouche placed his hands on your thighs. You felt him rub against your back and you almost choked on your spit.

Scaramouche backed off when Xiangling came back with your food. You ate in silence. When you were finished, Scaramouche decided to ask Xiangling about the traveler.

"Traveler... Aether possibly? I don't know where he is, why?" Xiangling crossed her arms and lifted a brow.

"No reason," Scaramouche took some mora from your pocket and placed it on the table.

"We'll be leaving now." He took your hand and dragged you away.

You felt butterflies fill your stomach and fill your senses.

"Clearly the traveler, Aether, isn't here. Maybe.. oh what's that big tree place called again?" Scaramouche thought for a moment.

"Ah! Wangshu Inn! Yes that's the place, let's head over there." Scaramouche took your hand and dragged you through the city until you saw the giant gates again.

"Lord Scaramouche my hand, please, it hurts." You tried to wiggle it away from his grasp but he held it tighter, making you wince.