A Horrible Dream

Art by vinsanky on Instagram

Let's see how many days it'll take me to finish this chapter lmfao

I started on August 20 so also I got acrylics so if anything's misspelt it's the nails fault

You woke up to the strong smell of smoke, it filled your nose and eyes. As you opened your eyes you could barely see anything other than flames licking the sides of your tent.

You shot up to realize Scaramouche was nowhere to be seen. You quickly got to your feet and bolted out of the tent, fumbling with the zipper before you ripped it open.

"Lord Scaramouche!" You shouted. Panic started to flood your senses as your eyes landed on his hat. The beautiful hat slowly caught fire before it exploded into ash.

You gasped, smoke filling up your lungs. A loud crack forced you to turn around, you watched as your tent exploded into flames. You fell back onto your butt as you felt the flame lick your face.

I need to get out of here you thought, crawling quickly away from the flames.

Where the hell is lord Scaramouche? You gasped again, your lungs screaming for clean air.

As you ran you saw multiple shadows of people you couldn't recognize chasing you away from the flames.

You ran.

You didn't stop running.

Something inside of you told you these people weren't good.

You sprinted, ignoring your aching lungs. You could breathe once they were gone.

But as much as you ran the shadows didn't disappear. The shadows were always faster than you. You didn't give up though. You continued to run.

You ran through tree branches, the branches hitting you in the face and eyes, and over rocks that caused you to trip. But throughout all that you ran. You ran and didn't stop.

At a certain point you felt your limbs rip and fall apart. You fell to the ground still gasping for air. Although you didn't feel any pain you felt as if it should be there.

That was almost worse than actual pain.

The shadows caught up to you, you felt like you recognized their faces but you just couldn't remember who they were.

"Who are you." You croaked but received no reply. You felt something smash against your skull causing you to fall unconscious.

You shot up, gasping for air. You looked around, breathing heavily. You were back in your tent. Scaramouche was laying next to you, giving you some look.

It was dark out. Still late at night you guessed.

"I apologize for waking you Lord Scaramouche." You panted, your heart still racing.

"What happened?" He asked, sitting up and turning on a lamp.

"It was nothing, just a nightmare." You said you were assuring him, but really it was to make you feel better.

Scaramouche did something unexpected.

He put his arms around you pulling you into a hug.

This felt strange.

Although you hugged him back, it felt nice to hug someone.

Scaramouche pulled you down so you laid on his chest. You listened to the steady beating of his heart. It calmed you.

Right now you felt safe. You felt safe in his arms as he stroked your hair.

"There's no need to be afraid, I'm here and I won't let anything happen to you." Scaramouche sighed. He sounded tired.

You scooted up slightly so that you could rest your head next to his. You heard Scaramouche laugh slightly before he placed a kiss on your forehead and then he sighed.

"Get some sleep Y/N." he said, giving you a tight hug. You smiled and nodded slightly. Scaramouche turned off the lamp and you fell asleep in his arms, listening to his soft heartbeat.

Hey look I posted on the same day I started writing. Anyways more constant updates will come after the 26th but I start school August 31st so yeah.

Im sorry if this chapter was cringe lmfao anyways I'll post again soon.