Chapter 5 Rumor

The next day, Asagi found himself being trusted with a difficult task: to take his sister to school.

Apparently, due to his job, his father could not return home last night and slept over at his office, so he was unable to take his children to school this morning. That was why this time it was Asagi's duty as a big brother to accompany his little sister to school. Akari could go to school alone, there was no doubt about it, but why did she have to go alone when her school was in the same direction as her brother's school and even next to each other?

For Asagi of this world, this kind of task was nothing, but for the current Asagi, it was very difficult. How could he escort his sister when he himself was not familiar with the road to school? At this rate, it was clear that it would not be him who took his sister; it would be his sister who took him to school. Asagi felt ashamed, but he quickly accepted the reality because there was nothing he could do. He let Akari guide him to school under the pretense that Onii-chan wanted to test Akari if she remembered the way to school. This strategy worked. Thanks to his gullible little sister, he arrived safely at school without getting lost.

The moment Asagi entered his class, just like the day before, he was welcomed with a sight of the students being noisy. When he looked at Ueda's seat, he found the guy had already arrived, sitting up stiffly when he saw him at the door. Asagi only nodded briefly at him before going to his own seat. He just sat down when suddenly a guy approached him in excitement.

"Nagayama, I've heard the news! Isobe's president is arrested, right? For tax evasion, confinement, and murder attempt!"

"Ah?" Asagi blinked in surprise. It was not the news that surprised him, but that guy who suddenly told him about the news. To tell the truth, he had also seen the same news on the TV this morning. At that time, he thought that it was no wonder his father had been busy to the point he had to sleep over at his office. It turned out that the news he had been covering was truly big and shocking.

"Yeah, so?" he asked that guy back as he tried to recall his name. If he was not wrong, that guy's name should be Fujiwara something.

"I saw your dad's name on the online newspaper this morning. Hey, did he return home last night?"

"No, why?" Asagi was perplexed. Why did this guy ask about his father?

"Have you seen him or talked to him today?"

"No."

"Aaahhh... just as I thought! Dammit!" this time, this guy even cursed, bewildering Asagi even more. "You really haven't heard anything else from him?"

"I haven't," Asagi frowned. Just what was this guy thinking? What did he want from him? Don't tell him he wanted spoilers that had yet to be reported to the media? For what? Curious, he finally asked. "What do you want, Fujiwara?"

"Ah, this... you know, Isobe is a big company, right? And... you know Kudo from class B, right? We all know he's been on a case lately, so I thought perhaps Isobe's case had something to do with him. After all, it's quite a big case," Fujiwara answered awkwardly.

"Kudo?" Asagi was not just confused this time. He was feeling wary as well. The protagonist was being mentioned! "Why did you think so?"

"I've heard that he confessed to Mouri! That Mouri! That's why I thought maybe he will return soon since he has confessed to her."

Asagi's eyes widened when he heard that news, but a second later, they turned sharp. "Where did you hear that? When?"

"Someone from class B told me yesterday," Fujiwara shrugged. "I bet everyone in the school will know that soon."