Chapter 7 Asagi's Club

Just like its name, the literature club was a club that focused on literature. In this club, students read and learned many literary works such as prose, poetry, and even film and drama. They learned about it, discussed it, wrote reviews about it, and even made and published it. The literature club had a mutualistic relationship with the manga club, theatre club, and journalist club. To the manga club and theatre club, the literature club was their professional critic. To the journalist club, the literature club was like their contracted author who would publish their work in their seasonal magazine. As to the literature club, the manga club and theatre club were their sources of material while the journalist club was their publisher.

"No wonder Yoshino was so interested in my club assignment. She's from the journalist club after all," Asagi mumbled, looking at the general introduction of the literature club on the school's website on his laptop. He recalled again the conversation between him and his two friends at the Poirot. Inaba reminded him of the literature club's president, Yamamoto Sora, and after that, Yoshino asked whether it was true that Yamamoto truly forbade him from telling them about his club assignment. At that time, Asagi still did not know what kind of assignment he got from the club, so he could only answer vaguely.

"You can think of it that way," he told them that time.

"Eeehh? No way! Seriously?" Yoshino pressed, could not believe his words.

"Well, I'm not surprised if that's truly the case. Nagayama is really talented in literature. His works have been considered treasures in our school community. Even our teachers praise him," Inaba accepted easily as he took another potato wedge from the plate.

"I suppose so," the secretary finally accepted in reluctance. "As expected of the most sought-after story critic in Teitan High. Even Sora-chan wants to keep your work to herself."

Asagi only smiled awkwardly as a reply. Truthfully, he did not even know if the club president really had forbidden him from talking about his assignment, but it was good that his friends seemed to really think so. Thanks to this, he could temporarily avoid any topic about club activity.

That day, after arrived at home and taking a bath, Asagi locked himself again in his room. He turned on his laptop, searching for any information about his club. He visited Teitan High School's website where he found the general introduction of its club activities. After learning about his club and the other clubs in the school, Asagi searched for his club assignment. If the club was focused on literature, he should have written many reviews and perhaps also stories with his laptop. After searching for a while, Asagi found a folder titled Literature inside a folder titled Documents which he had opened briefly the day before only to learn more about his school. When Asagi opened the folder, he immediately knew he was right. That folder was for his club activity. He saw many reviews, short stories, and even drama scripts, poems, and essays. There was also a file containing a list of web novels and mangas' titles. Seeing how full the folder was, Asagi was impressed. It seemed that the original Asagi was really serious about this literature club. He was learning earnestly.

If only I took all of this seriously yesterday...

Asagi was regretful. Yesterday, he had opened all the folders on his laptop to learn more about himself, but he simply passed the Literature folder because he assumed it did not have important info about him. He only focused on the other folder titled School because he prioritized learning about his school and high school's subjects after his new identity and his new family. Who would have thought that the folder that seemed to have no relation to school was actually a folder for his club activity?

The same goes for the student council, he thought after he opened a peculiar folder titled SC. When he opened it, he saw that it contained many files for the student council's activity.