Chapter 9 The Student Council's Stance

Being a transmigrator was not easy.

After more than a week, Asagi was already exhausted by his new life. Not only did he have to familiarize himself with his new family and environment, he also had to adjust quickly to being a teenager and a high school student. Living with an unknown family was already exhausting enough for him who was used to being alone, but he also needed to go to school, do assignments, and study again. Not to mention he was also the student council president which meant his responsibility was basically doubled. He was so busy to the point he felt like he could not breathe anymore. There was almost no time for him to think about himself. If it was not because he was used to feeling pressured due to his occupation as a novelist and the fact that he was mentally an adult, he might have been on the brink of becoming a total shut-in or even committing self-harm due to depression by now.

Even today, Asagi was walking half-heartedly to the student council room after school, already tired of his job as the student council president. Only now did he realize how amazing the student council in his high school was. During his days as a high school student, as someone without any club activity, Asagi was always able to go home directly after school, but his fellow students in the student council had to sacrifice more of their time for meetings and school projects. They were just teenagers, but clearly, they were more mature than him when he was still a teenager. Truly admirable. When he recalled this, Asagi felt like he had wasted his youth.

But even so, repeating his youth was not exactly what he wanted because this kind of youth was clearly not his youth. It was someone else's and on top of that, it was in another world. So even though he felt regretful for wasting his youth, Asagi could not exactly feel happy when he got the chance to be "young" again.

"Oh, the president is here!"

When Asagi arrived, he heard Yoshino exclaim cheerfully from inside the room. It turned out he was the last to arrive since the other three were already there.

"Sorry for the wait," he said as he closed the door.

"It's okay, we didn't wait long," Asakura replied nonchalantly. "Since the president is already here, I guess we can start the meeting now?"

The others agreed with her, so without further ado, the president started the meeting soon after he took a seat.

"Let's start with the progress of Ueda's donation," he began before turning his sight to the treasurer. "Asakura?"

The treasurer soon reported the amount of cash collected from the students' donations. It was quite a big sum. She also told her friends that the school board and the teachers would also help Ueda's mom, but obviously, she was only responsible for the donation from the students. She reported that all the money collected last week should be able to be transferred to Ueda this week. However, their plan to open the donation for the long run seemed to be ineffective because the income had dropped drastically since the start of the second week. The students seemed to no longer have any interest in the donation.

After discussing this topic for a few minutes, Asagi and the other members finally agreed to keep the donation open until the end of the second week. They would transfer the first-week donation to Ueda as soon as possible during the second week and by the start of the third week, they would also transfer the second-week donation as well as close the donation. As the treasurer, Asakura would prepare all the documents needed for the transfer. They all agreed that even though it was unfortunate that they could not open the donation for Ueda's mom in the long run, it would not be a problem to close the donation since the school board and the teachers would also help him.

"We may have decided to close the donation next week, but let's keep watch over Ueda's mom until she's discharged," Inaba suggested once they had done talking about the donation. The other three agreed immediately followed by Asagi asking the vice president about Ueda's mom's condition. Inaba told them that he had visited Ueda's mom again last Sunday, this time with Ueda himself. Ueda's mom was not well, but the stage of her cancer was not too severe yet, so there was still a chance for her to recover.