Chapter Three

“Phones in the box please thank you very much.” (Y/N) ordered with the same confidence and austerity as a police officer would with a search warrant at hand.

Ayato dropped his into the box first. (Y/N) moved to (D/N) who clutched her phone to her chest like a mother caressing her child to her chest protectively.

“Y-You can’t be serious.” She huffed incredulously.

“Box. Now.”

(D/N) shrunk back into her seat, eyeing the box in horror. “What? But I need this. How else am I supposed to text with everyone. I can’t go M.I.A, I’m a social icon mother.”

“Even social icons go M.I.A (D/N), for rehab purposes.”

“But I’m not going to rehab.”

“Think of this as a family time, we haven’t been a family together without technology since you stopped going up to the observatory during firefly season.” (Y/N) coaxed softly.

She missed baking cookies with (D/N) and going up to the observatory to star gaze and tend to the plants. They studied the constellations and would connect the stars. When did that stop? They grow up so fast.

“But why do I have to give my phone? This is unfair.”

“It’s not unfair, everyone will just detox for a bit.” (Y/N) tried to console her daughter. “I mean it’s not like you’re gonna die if you don’t have your phone for more than 48 hours.”

“That’s precisely what will happen! This is unconstitutional. I know my rights.”

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes, her patience now running thin. “You’re under the legal consent age. As your birth giver and legal parent, I am the constitution.”

“Dad.” She cried out, giving Ayato her puppy eyes topped with the pouty lips of a helpless teenager about to lose her life force.

Ayato quickly shut his eyes, aware of the power her daughters puppy dog eyes had. It reminded him of the times when he used to push her on a swing when she was a toddler, or catch her on the slide. He was helpless against the image of her adorable toddler self.

“Listen to your mother princess.”

(D/N) groaned. “I hate it when you both gang up on me.”

After three minutes of her talking to her phone and whispering sweet nothings to it, she finally dropped the phone into the box dramatically.

“Sheesh, who talks to their phone as if it were a dying cancer patient?” (S/N) face palmed.

“Shut it you little freak.” (D/N) snapped, blowing her nose as she watched the box move over to (S/N).

“That’s a complement.” (S/N) smirked. “Now watch the better child follow orders.” He teased, easily tossing his phone into the box.

(D/N) rolled her eyes and slumped back on the couch. “Whatever.”

(Y/N) remained standing, looking down expectantly at her son.

He blinked at her, confusion written on his face.

“Your console.” She explained.

(S/N)’s blue eyes widened to saucers.

“M-My what now?”

(D/N) snickered.

“Console.”

“Wait wait, we can negotiate this-”

“I’m sorry son, hand over your console.” (Y/N) said softly, but with an undertone of sternness.

“Mother no.” He begged, his blue eyes turning even bluer, if that were even possible.

“I’m sorry it has to be this way.”

“Please.” He choked out.

(Y/N) looked down. “I’ll let you say your goodbyes.”

It took him five minutes to finally hand it over.

After all the drama was over, she stepped back and grinned at (D/N) and (S/N). Ayato was standing next to her, looking through the bunch of family games she brought and pilled on the living room table.

“Now that we have everything out of the way let’s move onto the fun stuff.” She clapped her hands, grinning widely.