Chapter Four

"Death would be better." (D/N) whispered out lifelessly.

"Cold. So cold." (S/N) murmured, staring down at his bare hands wistfully. It felt weird sitting on the couch without holding his console. He was so used to it; it might as well have been anatomically attached to his skin tissue.

"How did they manage to be so melodramatic?" (Y/N) muttered out of the corner of her lips to Ayato, still smiling tightly at the two hopeless hybrids on the couch.

Ayato flipped the chess box, his eyes squinting as he read the instructions.

"I think they got that from you."

(Y/N) gasped dramatically. "Who? Me? No way, that's your department."

He placed the chess box down and gave her a pointed look.

"Okay whatever you win." She turned to (D/N) and (S/N). "Okay guys, the sooner we get this family time over and done with the sooner you two get your technology back so come on, let's all pick a family board game."

"More like a family bored game." (D/N) muttered, getting off the couch at a sluggish pace.

"What's that?" (Y/N) narrowed her eyes at (D/N).

"Nothing." (D/N) smiled sweetly.

This would be a long day, (Y/N) thought tiringly.

It took them a while to find a family board game. They finally decided on Monopoly, a game at least everyone was a bit familiar with.

They started off okay. (D/N) chose the metal boot as her character, (S/N) chose the stallion, Ayato chose the hat and (Y/N) chose spinner. She became the banker as well.

For the first ten minutes there was peace and occasional laughter and squeals of triumph when someone landed on a rich avenue.

(D/N) and (S/N) were even joking around when one of them landed on the others property. (D/N) would use an English accent and (S/N) would use a Russian accent as they exchanged money. (Y/N) smiled. All was well.

She watched Ayato grab the dice and toss, when he moved it to one of the last high tier streets he pumped his fist into the air and high fived (S/N), grinning widely. He had his hair tied back strands falling against the nape of his neck and over his twinkling orbs.

In all the years they spent watching each other grow up, she never in her wildest dreams thought she'd be sitting with him in the living room of their home playing a board game with their children.

He offered her the amount needed for the street, winking at her.

"Keep the change baby girl." He said in a slow sensual voice.

(D/N) giggled and face palmed while (S/N) cheered his dad on.

(Y/N) smirked slyly.

"I'm sorry sir but it's not in our policy to receive tips from low end clients so here's your change." She offered the change, giving him a playful look.

"Insert mic drop." (D/N) wiggled her eyebrows. (Y/N) grinned and high fived her daughter.

(S/N) laughed. "Dad, I'm pretty sure mom just carved you."

Ayato furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Carved?"

"Yeah it's when someone gives a savage response." (S/N) wiped the corner of his eyes, slowing his laughter down.

He turned to (Y/N) and she shrugged. "I'll get you back for that."

She chuckled. "I'd like to see you try."