Chapter 4

Solana

"So what about the rest of you ladies, what power do you have Sky?" Nate questions. I almost laugh at their shameless back and forth flirting.

"Power of the air," Sky states proudly.

"I'm fire and Marina is water," I answer for Marina, she nods in agreement. She was so shy and it was honestly adorable.

"So what is it that you guys do? I mean we have powers and learn how to use them but I don't fully understand the concept of a soldier school," Sky questions.

For a split second, I think I see the corner of Ryder's lip turn but it's gone before I can confirm anything.

"We learn how to fight without depending on magic, we learn how to fight someone with magic really, we each get trained in close combat but we also get trained with a specific weapon that is designated to each of us," Nate explains.

I grin cheekily at Nate, "do you really think you could beat me with a weapon?"

Nate grins back competitively, "I think I could."

"Duel!!!" Sky cheers loudly, Daisy laughs and Marina looks worried.

The competitive side of me shines through and I know that I wouldn't be backing down any time soon. I also knew that this was all light-hearted so of course I wouldn't aim to actually hurt him.

"What do you say? Or maybe you're scared," Nate grins.

"Oh I'm so in," I grin back. The girls cheer as Marina looks even more nervous. Arlo laughs with the girls, warning Nate to be careful. Even Alexia smirks but Ryder stays emotionless. Every time I looked at him I had a hard time believing that he was actually real, he was so incredibly attractive but thankfully, his ugly personality evened him out. Ryder had hair as Black as Luna's, his eyes, however, were plain black. He wore a sleeveless armored vest and black tattoos swirled down his muscled arms and glistened on his tan skin. He was the tallest of the guys, maybe like 6'4.

"Alright then," Sky grins, making her way to the edge of the clearing so we would have more space to duel, everyone follows her instantly, well apart from Ryder. He walks to the opposite side closer to the lake and leans against a tree, watching us intently.

As soon as I'm ready, I feel my wings push through my back. All Borya had wings but we were able to control them so they emerged when we wanted them to, when my wings were visible was also when I was at my most powerful, I had to admit, dueling in my skinny jeans was not ideal but I did not prepare for a duel today so they would have to do. If you couldn't tell someone's power by their appearance, then wings would definitely do the trick as they resembled your power. My wings resembled butterfly wings but they were made from bright orange flames and would burn anyone who attempted to touch them.

"Ready?" I question, allowing my wings to take me off the ground so I was floating a meter and a bit high.

"Definitely," Nate grins, displaying nunchucks that were hidden in his uniform. With that, we're off.

I shoot a flame ball at him and he dodges it, he waits expectantly for my next attack.

I grin at him before flinging 3 flame balls at him at the same time, he dodges the first one, uses his nunchucks to block the second one but falls back from the third.

I knew that my powers would only develop as I learned how to use them and as a result, I would only get more powerful but I still had an idea on how to use my powers.

While he's down, I put a ring of fire around him, he looks impressed but doesn't seem like he's given up yet.

"You ready to admit defeat?" I grin.