Chapter 6

Solana

No one had defeated the monster summoned by the headmistress, group 22 were going now which meant we would be next but so far, not one single group had succeeded, I knew there had to be a trick. Group 13 consisted of Luna and her group and whilst they were the ones to come closest, even they didn't succeed. I could tell that my group was getting more nervous by the second but I was so positive there had to be a trick.

Finally, the headmistress stops the monster and group 22 returns back to their seats, it was now our go.

"Good try group 22, now if group 23 will enter the arena," the headmistress smiles.

"We'll be fine girls," Daisy smiles but I notice the nervous tone.

"Normandy will stop it before anything really happens," Marina replies.

"As long as we all work together we'll be fine," I smile at the 3 girls who all looked as nervous as each other.

Sky grins at me; "this is why you should be the leader."

I laugh at her, ignoring her words as we walk to the middle of the field and all of us release our wings. I had to admit, the girls wings were all stunning. Daisy's wings looked like green vines, flowers blooming around the intricate designs. Marina's wings had similar designs but hers were water, the liquid moved slightly and I was sure that if I was to touch it, it would drain some of my firepower. Sky's wings were also very beautiful, unlike ours, you could barely see hers. You could briefly see the outline but apart from that, her wings were almost invisible. 

We stand in a line as headmistress Normandy conjures up some kind of beast. This beast looked like a huge snake, it was green and probably as long as 5 human cars.  

I stare at the beast in shock.

"What the fuck is that?!" Sky whisper yells.

"I don't know but it doesn't look friendly," Marina replies nervously.

"We have to do something!!" Daisy says anxiously as the creature begins slithering towards us.

"Blast it girls!!" I yell, aiming a fireball at the snake-like creature.

I watch as Marina blasts the animal with a water ball, Sky with a force field, and Daisy with energy burst. 

Sky's force field pushes it back a fraction but other than that, nothing happens and the beast continues to walk towards us. 

I blast it again, this time putting a ring around it to try and trap it but the beast just walks straight through. What the fuck?!

I watch in shock as the girls continue to blast it, trying all sorts of different ways to blast it. My brain turns as I try to figure out exactly how it walked through my fire ring but then it makes sense, I know exactly where the beast has walked because it leaves a trace of grass behind it that is slightly greener and longer than the remainder of the field.

Of course.

"Girls, fly up!!" I demand.

The girls all listen instantly and I have to admit, I'm a little surprised.

As soon as we're high enough to be out of danger from the beast I talk.

"It gets its power from us, every time we blast it, it absorbs our power, that's why it could walk through fire and that's why it made the grass healthier, it used mine and Daisy's powers," I explain.

"So you mean blasting it is pointless!?" Marina questions.

"What the fuck do we do then?" Sky replies worriedly.