Chapter 5

Solana

"So you can seriously walk through fire?" Nate questions again.

"Yeah," I laugh, "it's my special gift."

"Do you all have a special gift?" Lexi questions. It was weird to think that I was so intimidated by this girl when we first met because we got along so damn well now.

"Yeah, I can fly really fast," Sky grins proudly.

"I can breathe underwater," Marina replies quietly, even Marina had begun coming out of her shell so it seemed that the only person yet to crack was Ryder who was still silent, mysterious, and blank.

"I can take people's pain, and heal them sometimes," Daisy replies subconsciously.

"That's amazing," Arlo grins, he was right though, she had the most impressive gift out of us all.

"What about you guys, you guys said you each had a special weapon?" I wonder aloud. I had obviously seen Nate's nunchucks and Ryder's sword but I couldn't help but wonder what weapons Arlo and Lexi had.

"Yeah, we each get tested on what weapon we're most skilled at and then get trained further on it, we all have to learn how to use every weapon but we all specialize on one, I have a staff and Arlo uses a bow and arrow," Lexi explains.

"That's amazing!!" Daisy smiles.

"Should we be going to dinner?" Arlo questions, glancing at the high-tech-looking watch on his wrist.

"Definitely, I'm fucking starving!!" Sky enthuses.

"Me too," Nate groans.

We all, well apart from Ryder laugh at Nate and Sky as we follow them to where I assume the cafeteria is.

I talk to Daisy as we follow subconsciously but suddenly I run into Arlo's back. He stood tensely, all the guys and Lexi standing in front of us with the same squared shoulders.

I push my way through Arlo and Nate to see what the fuss was all about and am surprised to see Blaze, Luna, Demetria, Trixy, and Alessandro standing there with 5 boys that are obviously from the academy.

What the actual fuck was happening?

"Oh, I see you men haven't kicked the chick out yet, shocker." The guy that was obviously in charge says to Ryder who stands protectively beside Lexi. He was about 6'2 with brown hair and eyes to match, he had dark skin and he was extremely muscular, as in steroids muscular.

"Fuck off asshole," Lexi seethes.

"I mean you're the chick here so maybe you can fuck me instead...oh wait," the brown-haired guy smirks menacingly. Everyone else in their group, including the students from our school, laugh at him.

"Was she any good man?" Another guy questions mockingly. This one had blonde hair, brown eyes, and pale-ish skin, he seemed to be about 6'0.

"She was actually, lots of...stamina," the brown-haired leader smirks. Everyone laughs again.

What the fuck was happening here!?

"What the fuck do you want Seth?" Ryder asks menacingly to the brown-haired leader, obviously named Seth.

"Oh you know, not much, just for the so-called best warriors at the academy to not have a fucking chick in their ranks, the chicks here either belong with the Borya or in the lower-ranked groups," Seth grins.

I go to step forward to defend Lexi, I fucking hated sexist jerks but I'm pushed backward gently by Arlo and I get the message. 

"You're just pissed that I'm better than you," Lexi replies smugly.