3

"So how did you find this?" Michael asked both of them still looking up at the sky

"My dad and I built it together." Luke mumbled. Talking about his father was a sensitive subject. He hated talking about him because of everything he has done.

"What happened to him?"

"He left when I was 13. He lives somewhere in Australia. He doesn't want anything to do with me and I don't want anything to do with him." Luke said while shrugging

"And your mom?"

"Well he cheated on her. So I stayed with my mom and my dad left. I love my mom twice as much. I feel bad sometimes cause I'm such a dick to her. What about your parents?" Luke asked and he heard Michael sigh

"They only visit me once a month." Michael said blankly.

"Yea no families are perfect." Luke said and Michael giggled and nodded. Lukes hand accidentally brushed over Michaels, causing them to freeze. But Luke decided to take a risk.

He intertwined his hand with Michaels and Michael did the same thing back smiling.

"Thanks for taking me out of the hospital today." Michael said looking over at Luke.

"We didn't even do much though?" Luke asked amusingly

"This is the most I've been outside in the past 4 months."

Why wouldn't they let them out? If they're dying then shouldn't they have some freedom to go outside?

"I would take you out again tomorrow but we have to go to the shit group in the rec room." Luke said while sitting up noticing the sun setting. He helped Michael sit up

"I never go to that." Michael muttered while putting the oxygen tank back on his back.

Both boys got out of the treehouse and started walking back towards the hospital.

"Trust me I understand." Luke said while chuckling. They walked up to the hospital doors and walked in to his room where doctors and boy about there age was standing

"Mr. Clifford! Where were you? We were about to call the authority's!" Doctor Mike said

"I took him out." Luke said and everyone turned to look at him with wide eyes except for Michael.

"Mr. Hemmings! You could have gotten Mr. Clifford seriously hurt!" The doctor scolded

"He was fine and stop with Mr this and Mr that. I'm Luke and thats Michael. Stop treating us like we are kids." Luke said while scoffing and searching for his cigarettes. He'll smoke one when he gets outside.

"We didn't do anything bad." Michael said while sitting on the couch turning on the tv.

"Please let a nurse know next time." the doctor said then stormed out. Now it was just Michael Luke and some boy... Luke recognized him.

Calum

"What are you doing here?!" Calum spat at Luke.

"I'm forced to be a volunteer here."

"Calum do you know Luke?" Michael asked and Calum continued glaring at the blonde haired boy

"Remember in school? Lukes gang?" Calum asked. He was known well around school. It may sound cliche but he was known to be dangerous and labeled as the bad boy. Everyone was afraid of him and his friends. Who ever started shit, got hit.

"Yea? How could I forget?" Michael said while walking over to them.

"This is the Luke. The one in charge of the group." Michael looked at him with wide eyes. Luke looked at both boys confused.

"Did y-you tell him to do that?" Michael asked fear slightly showing in his voice.

"Tell who to do what?" Luke asked while putting the cigarette on his ear. He honestly had no idea what was going on. He didn't even know Michael went to the same school as him.

"Did you tell Kyle.. to hurt me?" Michael asked sadly and Luke's eyes widened

"What are you talking about?! Kyle hurt you?!" Luke asked harshly. He felt anger rise through his body.

"Kyle beat the hell outta him! Before doctors found out he had lung cancer!" Calum snapped and thats when Luke ran out of the room pulling out his phone. He sent a text..

To Kyle

we need to talk. meet me at the park in 5

______________________

Hope you guys like this! It's kinda a cliffhanger..

15 votes and 10 comments for next chapter :-)