5

Luke stayed there for 6 hours just sitting in the chair in the waiting room. Waiting to hear anything. Visiting hours were over but he stayed no matter what. His phone kept on ringing and he got tired of hearing it, finally answering is mom.

"Lucas Robert Hemmings! Where are you?! I swear you better not be out with those fri--"

"I'm at the hospital mom." it was suddenly silent on the other side

"what? Why? Are you okay?" She asked concerned

"It's my volunteer patient. Something happened to him. I'm not leaving until I hear from him."

"Awe I'm so sorry. Be carful getting home. It's late. I love you." Luke rubbed his head with his hand exhaustedly.

"I love you too mum," he hung up the phone and continued staring back at the hallway where the doctor should be coming from.

"Hey man." Ashton said while sitting down next to him and holding out his cheap flip phone.

"Hey." Luke mumbled and Ashton furrowed his eyebrows

"So uh any news about Mitchell?" Ashton asked while texting on his phone. The cheap buttons making obnoxious noises. Luke turned and have him a dirty look

"It's Michael, you brainless fool." Luke said but he didn't mean it offensively. They always call each other names like that. Ashton snorted and closed his phone.

"Cole and Ryan are at some party. They invited us to go along with them." Ashton said but Luke just rolled his eyes and continued staring at down the hall until a doctor started walking down. He stood up and ran over with Ashton close behind

"How is he? Is he okay?" Luke rushed out and the doctor sighed

"His cancer is getting worse. He's okay right now though." and Luke sighed in relief

"Can I please see him?"

"No it's far to late an--"

"I've been here for almost 7 hours!" Luke snapped and the doctor sighed but nodded telling him to follow.

They walked down a few halls until they were back at Michaels room. Luke pushed past the doctor and walked into the room and saw Michael laying in bed with a oxygen mask on his face.

"Wow this kid has great music taste." Ashton complimented but Luke simply just went and sat next to Michaels bed.

"Ok now you mu--"

"I'll see my way out." Luke said and the doctor left. Michael looked so peaceful but so pale and so fragile.

Luke gently grabbed michaels arm and gently put his hand in michaels.

"Are you holding his hand?" Ashton asked with chuckling.

"You hold Tyler's hand all the time." Luke pointed out.

"That's because he's my boyfriend, dumb ass." Ashton sneered back and Luke just sighed.

"It's time for you boys to leave." the both looked towards the door and saw two security guards and the stupid doctor.

The first one grabbed Ashton's arm and started dragging him away

"Mate, hands off. I know how to walk" Ashton grumbled ripping his arm away and both walked to Luke but he just continued sitting there.

"Come on kid!" One said yanking him up but Luke fought against him trying to pull out of his grip.

"Let go of me you asshole." Luke snapped while pushing the guy away. But they each grabbed Luke arms lifting him off the ground and hauling him away. Until a small fragile voice stopped him

"l-luke wait. Please s-stay." everyone looked over at Michael surprised to hear his voice. His eyes barely opened and a pleading look on his face.

"Mr. Clifford I'm afraid you're in a very weak state. You cannot have any vi--"

"I don't care. Just let him stay please." Michael mumbled and the doctor had a very angry look on his face, but mumbled an ok.

They released Luke who immediately pushed past them and walked over to Michael.

"You stayed." Michael whispered smiling. Michael wasn't even sure if he made it out. He thought that was gonna be it.

"Of course I stayed princess. I've been here the whole time I never left." Luke said and Michael's eyes widened.

"Mom and dad don't even stay. They leave and come back the next morning to see if I'm still alive." Michael said sadly but humor was also showing in his voice.

That's terrible. A person Michael just met a day or two ago would stay 7 hours to make sure that he's okay. But his own parents would leave as soon as some thing would happen.

"Well they are dumb. I was so worried. My best friend came around." Luke said

"I'm still here ya shit." Ashton said popping in the room. Michael and Luke both looked over and saw him walking in.

"Hey, you're the one who was always with Calum. Haha you guys were known as the dorks." Ashton said while giggling and Michael frowned

"Ashton!" Luke scolded

"Hey just because I said he's a dork doesn't mean I don't think he's cool."

(A/N ehhh this is crap guys

I hope you like it

18 votes and 9 comments