7

"Do you think our parents will come back" Phil asked her. Emma stopped eating her food and looked at Phil. She can tell that he wants them to come back but...

They abandon us...

Once they left us I started working earning money to provide for both of us since we don't have any family members. I remember I was 13 years old when I started working after they left us. I almost gave up going to school because I was working and going to school so I didn't really have enough sleep but Phil told me to keep going and become someone I wanted to be and he told me to ever give up.

It has been 4 years since that day they left me and Phil.

Flash back 4 years ago....
"Emma can you come here please".  My mom said.  She was in the bedroom packing some clothes.
"Yeah coming" I rushed to the room and I saw Phil on the bed playing with some socks. 

"Can you give me your dads clothes please"

"Okay". I grabbed a handle full of clothes of my dads clothes and I placed it on the bed.

"So why are you packing clothes mom". I asked. 
"I know they are leaving us well that's what I  heard her and dad talking about it".   Emma thought in her head.

"Oh we're going to donate all of our clothes to help people in need."

"Wow that's so nice of you". Emma said trying to fake about being excited.  Her mother never noticed her odd behavior she never really paid attention to them.

"I know right" Emma's mother gave her a smile.  But Emma knew that all her smiles were fake.  For her it was the easiest thing to tell between a really smile and a fake one. So she know her mother was never really happy keeping us she was only doing it for the money and also my step father.  My moms first husband wanted to have us kids. My mom didn't want to have us she thought it was a bad idea adopting kids. But father wanted us kids to have love he wanted to give live. He actually loved us he gave us genuine smiles he cared for us. But all of that's changed since he got killed by car. And before he got killed I got a baby brother. So Phil doesn't know about since he was just a baby when they adopted him.

"Hey mom"

"Yes Emma what do you want" She said while packing clothes.

"I know you are going to leave us I'm not stupid you know.  Putting your clothes in a suitcase. Taking the furniture.  I'm not an idiot.  I know you only wanted me and Phil for the money. I know you were trying get to get rid of us this whole time.  Now that you have enough saved up your going to leave us".
Emma yelled.  

Emma's mother gave her a deadly look her eyes turned into the devils eyes.  Her fake friendly looked was replaced by a devils look.

"WHY YOU LITTLE BRAT".   Emma's mom slapped her.  And Emma fell to the ground. 
"Oh you think your so smart huh Emma well to bad.  I'm glad I'm getting rid of you brats and running away from this life". Emma's mom said.  Then she grabbed Emma's clothes and she grabbed Phil and she walked to the closet that had a lock on the outside.  She threw Emma first then Phil But Emma catches Phil so he won't get hurt.

"Now stay in here and think what you have done". Emma's mother said.  As she locks the door. Emma quickly puts Phil down on the ground carefully and starts kicking the door.

"This isn't going to work I don't have enough strength to kick it down". Emma thought. Then Emma heard a car a screech and she knew it was her step dad. She heard him quickly running towards the house. And she heard him panting.

"The *panting* car is *panting* ready*". He said to my mom.

"Well don't just stand there get the stuff we're leaving". She said in a hurry.
"And about about the kids". He asked.
"Who cares about them we finally have enough money to leave this dump now hurry up before that brat gets out". She said grabbing Gucci bag and her cheetah print sunglasses.

"Grab the suit cases and hurry to the car I hate waiting". She said to him.

"Gotcha". He quickly grabbed all the suitcases and ran to his red mustang. Meanwhile Emma heard that they left since she heard the car screech. She was scared in the dark closet. Her anxiety kicking in she felt like passing out. She started to breathe harder. Phil grabbed her finger and gave her a cheeky smile. Emma started to clam down her breathes and was trying to relax and thinking what she can do to break down the door. Once her anxiety got better she quickly went searching and she found a tools in the closet.

"Phil watch out". She said. Phil understood her even though he was three. Emma started to hit the door knob with the tools and the door broke.   She grabbed Phil and went to the living room and saw that mostly everything was gone.  She placed Phil down and grabbed his hand.

"What are going to do? There gone?  How am I supposed-"
"It's okay".  Phil gave her a smile.
"We can do this Emma don't give up".
"Thanks Phil What would I do with out you". She ruffled his hair. Then Phil grabbed her hand that was ruffling his hair and looked at her a sad look.
"Emma promise you won't leave me please". Emma looked at him wanting to cry.

"I promise Phil I will take care of you". She said putting her hand into a fist and puts her and puts it on her chest.

"I promise Phil Don't worry."
"You pinky promise". Phil holding up his pinky.
"Pinky promise". She said.
"The good thing is we have enough money for one month". Phil gave her a puzzled look.
"It's don't think that's enough Emma".
"Well yeah. That's why I'm going to start working". She gave him hopeful smile.

Few days later after school...
"Oh no I'm running late for work". Emma said running while carrying Phil in her arms.
"EmMa ArE We AlMoSt ThErE". Phil bouncing up and down since Emma is running full speed.
"Yes we're almost there". Once Emma made it to her work she was stopped by Alex.

"I'm so sorry Alex I didn't mean to come late sorry". She bowed down toward's him.
"Kid it's fine please don't bow down to me"
"Ok"
"You can put your brother in the next room okay"
Yes sir". Emma said taking Phil to the room next door. She is opening her backpack giving him his toys, paper and crayons.

"I will see you later Phil. Please don't make a mess".
"Okay Emma. Bye" Phil waved at her and Emma waved back. Once Emma gets back to Alex. But Alex was talking to one of his co workers. And Emma didn't want to interrupt him but once she heard her name being said. She had to eavesdropped on them. And she hides behind a pillar.

"Sir but I'm sorry we can't have a child working her you know the rules. She needs to leave". One of the co worker said.
"But-"
"No buts or you leave too"
"Fine I will tell her". Alex said rubbing his neck.
"What am I going to do? How am I going to get money now?" She thought. Once Alex was done taking to his co worker. She got out of her hiding spot and walked towards him. Alex turns around and looks at Emma.

"I'm sorry Emma but you can't work here anymore I know you are struggling to get money but, I'm sorry I'm going to have to let you go". He said.