chapter 7

10:37 am.

Time's going by so slow.

It usually goes by quickly because I'm actually learning. 

But today is different. 

Today, the only thing on my mind are the last words Pansy had spoken to me.

I could tell it hurt her to say those things.

I know she really does care for me, she just thinks I'm sad. Confused.

But I'm not, I know exactly what I want. 

Her.

***

Finally, this excruciating class is over.

I rush out of the room and into the corridor, shoving past crowds, and ignoring those who approach me.

I make my way into the bathroom.

Finally, I can be alone.

_Pansy_

When class is over with the Gryffindors, I scan the class, looking for Rhea.

Jackpot.

My eyes fixate on her as she rushes out into the hallway.

I debate whether I should go and see her. I could try and clear things up...

I had just decided to do so when I see Ginny following her into the bathroom.

Without thought or hesitation, I find myself heading towards the bathroom as well.

Just before I can get through the door, I come to my senses and slow my pace. I slip behind the door, unseen.

"Rhea, can we talk?" I hear Ginny's voice.

"Are you just going to spit more lies?" Rhea asks.

"No, please just hear me out," Ginny pleads.

"Fine, you have three minutes," Rhea says, annoyance resonating in her voice.

"I messed up. Terribly. And I'm really sorry," Ginny pauses as if waiting for an answer. Hesitantly, she continues, "I love you. You must still love me,"

God, she really is an asshole.

I find myself holding my breath. Part of me knew that Ginny would find some way to win her back. 

I was too hard on her. If I could have just told her how I felt, maybe this wouldn-

"That's where you're wrong. You lied to me, took advantage of me. You were unfaithful. How could I ever love someone like that?" Rhea says sternly. 

That's my girl.

"This is about that bitch, Pansy, isn't it?" Ginny asks sharply.

"So what if it is? You lost your power over me a long time ago. Get over it,"

"Huh, so you care about her now?"  Ginny's voice slips into a degrading tone.

"Yeah, I do. And what about it?"

Whoa. She actually cares.

A grin spreads across my lips as I turn and head away from the bathroom.

When I arrive in the common room, Blaise and Draco are seated atop a couch, talking.

I don't bother to mask my smile.