Spoons

Nick
"What. The. Fuck."

Nick slumped onto the wall by the door almost immediately after he left the room.

"What the hell did I just do?" Nick panicked, questioning himself.

"Why the hell would I do that? I mean, we 'flirt' all the time, but that's just too far." He couldnt wrap his head around why he'd act like that towards Karl of all people.

"Because if that were the case, you wouldnt be in that cute little outfit you have on."

"What the fuck, what the actual fuck!"

He shouldn't have gone that far, Karl's gonna hate him now.

He might have just lost his best friend from doing something he wasnt even sure why he did in the first place!

The rest of the night was bound to be awkward, no doubt, but god did Nick not want to deal with that right now.

They were gonna have to talk about it eventually though.

Nick got up and started to straighten himself up, when he heard the door knob start to turn from behind him.

He bolted down the stairs so fast it's amazing he didnt fall. (Damn would it be funny if he did though)

He walked into the dining room and was greeted by Mrs. Jacobs.

"Hello Nick, is Karl coming down?" She smiled as she asked.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure he-"

"Hi mom, I'm right here." Karl cut him off, giving a small wave to his mother as he entered the room.

His hair was neater than it had been earlier, yet you could still tell it was a quick fix. His cheeks were still dusted with the rosy pink Nick had left on them, and his freckles stood out perfectly from them.

"God if hes not beautiful, I can't tell what is."

"Nick, honey," He was pulled away from his thoughts by Karl's mother, "are you gonna sit down?"

It was at that moment he realised that he had been staring at his friend for so long he had already sat down and settled in.

His face heated up slightly and he quickly pulled together a response, "Yeah of course, I'm so sorry."

He pulled out the chair next to Karl, whom was sitting parallel to his mother, and sat down.

"Thank you for the meal, Mom." Karl perked up, followed by a 'thank you' from Nick aswell.

"Welcome as always boys." She smiled at them both before announcing that they could dig in.

They were eating chicken, potatoes, and green beans. A basic meal, yes, but anything Mrs. Jacobs made was absolutely amazing, so it didnt quite matter.

Karl's mother broke the silence that hung over the table after a couple moments of eating.

"Oh my, silly me!" She exclaimed, getting up from the table, "I forgot spoons for the potatoes, give me a minute, so sorry to interrupt dinner for you boys."

Karl and Nick looked at eachother, she was acting kind of strange, they never ate potatoes with spoons, they just used the forks.

After a couple moments she returned to the dining room with two spoons and a smile.