Protection Detail

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

A pesky knocking sound filled my ears and I groaned, rolling over and cuddling into the warm body of someone whom I assumed to be Ironhide. The knocking came to a halt and I smiled, nestling further into him. It wasn't long before I heard my apartment door open, but I thought nothing of it. I was far too tired to care about anything other than sleep. 

"Wow," I heard a voice mumble. I could very easily decipher it as my father's. The only question I had was why was he here right now? He should be at base. 

"Wake up. All three of you," my dad's voice called again. I groaned once more, moving myself away from Ironhide and laying down on Adalyn. There was a sudden tug on my hair and my tired eyes shot open to meet those of my father's. "Wake up," he instructed. 

I rolled my eyes and sat up, a yawn escaping my form. Looking around, I noticed that I was in the living room sitting in between a sleeping Ironhide and Adalyn; we must've fallen asleep while talking last night. I looked at my dad and he laughed. I probably looked like hell. 

"Why are you here?" I asked with a yawn. 

"I'm here to retrieve your boyfriend. He should've been down at the base hours ago. No one could get through to him so I came here," he answered. 

I nodded. "What time is it exactly?"

"Three-seventeen," he told me as he looked at his watch. 

My eyes widened. I hadn't expected to sleep that long. But, then again, we did stay up until about three in the morning discussing our lives. It was a rather lovely time if you ask me. 

I turned to look at Ironhide's sleeping holoform and raised my hands to pat him on the cheeks. He groaned, his bright blue eyes flickering open. His eyes met mine and he glared. "What do you want?" I rolled my eyes and gestured to my dad. He looked up at him and frowned. 

"You were supposed to be at base hours ago, but I see you're here cuddling my daughters. Get up and come on," my dad said to Ironhide.

"I can't leave," Hide retorted as he propped his legs up on the table. He laid his head down on my shoulder and I watched as his eyes closed again. He looked far more tired than I felt.

"And why can't you? Mearing is going to have a cow if you don't show up," my dad remarked.

Hide sighed, his eyes still closed. "Then let her. Mearing's disapproval is the least of my concern. My only priority is protecting Adalyn and I can't very much protect her if I'm at base the entirety of my day." 

My dad was now confused. "Why would you need to protect her?"

"Her brothers are coming after her, dad," I answered as I looked at Adalyn. She looked so peaceful, yet she looked so uncomfortable.  

"What? Okay, I'm confused. What the hell are you two talking about?" he asked from behind us. I turned and gestured for him to sit down. He did as he was told and motioned for me to continue speaking.

"Okay. Well, I'm sure she won't mind me telling you, but when she was younger, her brothers allowed multiple men a night to use her as a sex slave. They used her so they could get money. As she got older, she worked incredibly hard to get away from home and she finally got away. She got rid of every possible clue that could lead them to her, but they finally found her and threatened to come after her," I explained to him. 

He was definitely angry. "Where were her parents?" he nearly screamed. The loudness of my dad's voice caused Ironhide to groan and he nestled further into me, draping his arm over my stomach. I smiled and placed my hand over top of his forearm before turning back to my dad. 

"They moved to France when she was seven. They sent the three of them money all the time, but they never thought it was enough so they used her to get it," I answered him. 

He sighed sadly and shook his head. "No seven year old girl deserves that. No girl deserves that at all."

I looked back at Adalyn. She was still very much asleep, but I could see the steady stream of tears flowing down her face, causing me to frown. "No, they don't."

"And I won't be resuming my time at the base until this issue has been taken care of. Once she is safe, I'll be returning. You can inform Optimus and Mearing of the matter as well," Hide grumbled into my shirt. 

"I guess I can do that. Just please don't let anything happen to her," my dad said to him. 

"It's not my intention, Will."

He only sighed and stood up, gently rubbing the side of Adalyn's tear-stained face with his hand. "I have to get going now. I'll call you later."

He ruffled my hair and I smiled. "Bye, daddy." He smiled and quickly walked out the door while I sighed.

Adalyn looked as uncomfortable as ever and it was bothering me slightly. She was literally laying in a ball, her knees hugged to her chest and there looked to be no sign of her waking up any time soon; I couldn't just leave her here like this. I gently removed Ironhide's arm off of my body and he groaned, shifting himself so that he was now resting on the opposite end of the sofa. With a shake of my head, I got up from the couch and stood in front of Adalyn, hoping that my unborn child would provide me with just enough energy to move her into my room; she needed all the comfort she could get and my bed was much bigger than the one she had inside her room. I bent down and placed my arms beneath her body and hosited her up as best as I could. She was surprisingly light, but I knew that the stairs were going to remain a challenge for me. I quietly stepped past Ironhide's sleeping form and headed over to the stairs, only to have him stop me in my tracks. 

"What are you doing?" he asked me. 

I turned around to face him and to my surprise, he was already walking over to me. "I was going to take her up to our room. She looked so uncomfortable and I couldn't just leave her there," I told him. 

In a single movement, Hide shifted Adalyn into his arms and nearly ran up the stairs. Seconds later, he returned and I smiled at him. He was beyond precious when he was tired. "Are you okay?" 

He nodded and grabbed my hand before leading me back over to the couch. He laid down on the couch and pulled me on top of him, wrapping his arms around my waist. I laughed. "I've never seen you so tired."

"Well, I've never had to deal with two insanely obnoxious females in the early hours of the morning. You're a rather exhausting pair of human beings," he chuckled. 

I shook my head and laid my head down on his chest. "Thank you, Hide."

"For what?"

"Keeping her safe. It means a lot to me and I know it means a lot to her that you care," I laughed. 

He grunted. "I don't see why I wouldn't care. She deserves to be protected just as much as you do. Also, no young femme should ever have to go through something as vile as that and I refuse to let it happen to her again."

I craned my head up to place a soft kiss onto his lips before laying back down. "You're absolutely perfect. I just want you to know that," I told him. He only hummed in response and squeezed me harder before finally resting his hand on my growing abdomen.

His calloused fingers found their way beneath the fabric of my shirt and he began tracing small circles on my skin. I smiled and nestled closer to him, the comfort of his touch tiring me once more. 

"I love you, Azalea," he said to me as he continued rubbing the hardened skin on my abdomen. 

"I love you, Hide."

He kissed the top of my head and held me closely to his body. I closed my eyes and before long I was falling back to sleep, listening to the soft hum of his spark. 

*Please vote and comment. It'd mean so much to me. I wanna know what you guys think.*