Chapter 11

Since y'all wanted it so much (bridge to next movie) ... make sure to leave a comment and vote!

It's been a month since the Royal Academy, and I've officially moved to London, well not necessarily moved, for the past eight years I've been living out of a few pieces of baggage, so it was rather easy to get settled.

I've been staying at Sherlocks place 221B, met his roommate Dr. Watson. Otherwise than that I've been spending all my time with Sherlock.

I haven't really been feeling that creative lately, I'm an inventor, and usually things just come to me. And without any creative stimulation I end up going on a funk.

"Alright Darling, I'm off," he says popping his head in the door.

"Wait can I come with?" I ask, I'm seriously bored out of my mind,

"Oh no, it's alright, you stay here." He says, kissing me on the cheek, "relax a little bit. Here, read something," He says, handing me a book, leaving the room. I flip open the first couple pages,

One thing that is most important when building a prominent household in society are the roles of the family, when the head of house goes off to work, it is the wife's job to create an orderly household and take care of the children.

What. The. Hell.

Why would Sherlock recommend me this sexist bullshit, is he secretly Mycroft in disguise?

Why am I slowly turning into this random lady they are depicting in this book. I shut the book and walk around the room. Is this what Sherlock expects me to become?

There's a knock on the door and I open it,

"Post ma'am," he says, ma'am? Is he serious? I look at some of the letters. I told Enola to write underneath the name Leopold Pataky, my fake assistant that's in Paris, so that Sherlock won't read the letters.

Florence,

Hope you are doing well! I'm getting settled and trying to find detective work, but it's mostly been missing cats until now. I've been corresponding with Tewksbury and he seems to be doing alright.

How are you? Have you heard any news from mother, let me know,

Leopold

I set down the letter on the coffee table on the front entrance hall. I haven't heard anything from Eudoria since that night awhile back when Sherlock told me that Enola was going to the boarding school. Hopefully she's doing alright.

I walk back into the sitting room and flop on the couch. I really should be doing something, anything, my mind is so dull.

Wait, I have whiskey! I go over to sherlocks bar cart and I grab the bottle. No use of dirtying a glass when I can just have the whole bottle.

I dance around and take a few sips, maybe I should go back to Ferndell and steal some of Eudoria's books on feminism, an actual topic that should be more popular in my opinion.

For the rest of the day I finished off the bottle, draw myself a bath, and passed out in Sherlocks bed.

Sherlock POV...

I finally came home after doing some investigating on my case, Scotland Yard would be lost without me. Looks like the mail had come, I sift through the letters until I find an open one. Seems like it's from Florences assistant.

I start to read the contents,He talks regularly with the marquess of Tewksbury, I stumble upon the letter, does not seem like official business, any news on mother it reads.

Florence only uses that shorthand with Mycroft, myself, and... Enola.

I run up the stairs,

"Florence!" I call out, I check each room until I walk into mine, she's curled up into a ball on my bed asleep. I wake her up, her eyes squint at me, and she smelled faintly of alcohol.

"What is this?" I show her the letter, she looks stunned for a moment, "have you been talking to Enola behind me?" I ask, she sits up and walks out of the room.
"Florence!" I call after her.

"So what if I have," she turns around and walks into the sitting room, I follow her in and she lays down on the couch.

"So what if you have?" I question, my voice starts to become a little raised, "my sister has been missing and I've been trying to find her and my fiancé is casually corresponding with her!" I start to yell,

"My fiancé," she scoffs,

"What!" I shout,

"I'm not something to be owned." She says,

"Oh can you stop with that for just a minute, we have to talk about Enola-" she cuts me off by slamming a book down on the table.

"Is this what you want me to become?" She asks angrily, I pick up the book and read the title, Modern Households of the day in age.

"What does this have to do with anything?" I ask, She scoffs and rolls her eyes and walks back down the stairs I flip onto the first couple of pages, women should run the household and take care of the children while the leader of the household goes to work...

Oh bloody hell. I follow her up the stairs, to find her going through her dresser and shoving her things into a bag,

"I'm going to Paris." She says,

"Not until we discuss this." She stands up straight and looks at me,

"Of course I talk to Enola, I wasn't just going to try to make her my ward, like you, I at least want to know that she is alright!" She says raising her voice,

"And you just didn't ink to imagine telling me! I have been rapping my brains for weeks trying to find her!" I yell back,

"Well at least this way she's able to lead a life on her own and how she wants to and at least we know that she's safe!" She yells back walking out the door.

"So your not leading you life the way you want to?!" I shout,

"Not how I want to, how I need to." She says, and with that she shuts the door, and leaves 221b.