Chapter 19

Explosives. What are some things that we can learn about explosives.

1. They explode, obviously

2. They make the loudest noise, one to shatter reality

3. I am currently setting them in a prison wall.

The brick wall shatters and explodes, blasting guards back in a puff of smoke. The alarm starts to ring as I get in position on the top of our carriage.

Edith runs out with Enola and she gets in the back of the carriage. I prepare my shotgun as Edith starts our journey.

Edith whips the horses and the carriage bounces back, almost loosening my hold. We continue down our path.

"Hiya!" Shouts Edith, "get in position we got company!" She yells, I turn around and aim my shotgun at the wagon approaching,

"In position!" I yell,

"There onto us!" Edith tells Eudoria and Enola. A cross comes up in the road,

"Stand by!" She shouts again, I shoot out the tires of the carriage before us,

"On your left!" Shout Edith, Eudoria rolls the smoke bomb under the car surrounding it in smoke, making an inhabitants unable to see where we go, resulting in them loosing the rail. We swerve into the domain of the forest.

Which personally on my end makes things a shade more complicated, without a solid pavement, the dirt and topography of the forest indicate that this is going to be a bumpy ride. I tie my foot to the right of the carriage allowing me to have some grasp.

Out of the corner of the clearing another wagon emerges,

"There back!" Shouts Edith "Here they come brace yourselves!" I load my gun and quickly take aim at the wheels. I miss my first two shots, but they seem to be firing back. I roll off the side of the carrriage, but grabbing onto the railing and popping open the window.

"Florence!" Exclaims Enola,

"Top of the morning! Anyone fancy a cuppa!" I say,

"Come on come on!" Shouts Edith,

"If you'll excuse me!" I say, sliding back the window, I reload my gun and move to the bottom side of the carriage, while continuing to check in latching onto it. Shooting out one of the tires.

"Get up here now!" The policeman shouts.

"Come on lads!" Shouts Edith, as one of the policemen start to stand up on the roof of the opposite carriage. I take aim at his feet, enough to startle him enough to fall of the carriage,

"Take aim to your right!" Shouts Edith at Eudoria, "wait for it!" She shouts, trying to time it to the exact right purpose for maximum impact.

"Straight for it!" She shouts, the cannister rolls out, and it explodes the rest of the carriage. It explodes the following carriage, but it seems like we haven't lost them yet. A horse emerges from the smoke, the rider, Grail. He points his cane at me, I try to reload my gun but the safety is broken, if I only had my tool kit!

Gun shots start berating the carriage,

"Florence! A little help!" Shouts Edith,

"It's not reloading, it won't let me!" I shout. Grail gets to the side of the carriage, in complete eye line of me, he slashes his cane on the side of my face making it bleed from the top of my head, I lose consciousness,

"Florence!" I hear Eudoria shouting, I roll of the side of the carriage, my legs still tied to the top as I slowly slip into the darkness.

I wake up to the carriage falling over, and myself laying on my side,

"Glory be. It's the holy trinity," says Grail, I stand up from behind the cart, "and who might you be?" He asks me,  I don't say anything just hit him with my withering stare, Sherlock says it can scare a ghost, but honestly I don't see it.

"But I'll make commissioner for this, take 'em" He grimaced. Not on my watch.

"Must we?" Asks Eudoria,

"I fear so," says Edith. In all honesty I'm not as adept at martial arts as the Holmes and Edith obviously, but one thing I do know is to throw a good punch.

Edith head slams an officer as one comes up with handcuffs to arrest me. Alright, let's do this.

Punch to the throat, kick to the balls,
Keeps em down.

One runs at me with his gun, I disarm him, and wack him over the face with the blunt end of his gun.

And after a lot of punching Eudoria and Edith are able to post Grail to the overturned carriage. Enola comes at him and throws him off the ground. I take his cane and whip him over the side of the head, don't dish out what you cannot serve.

"Enola," says Eudoria, this is not harmless!" She pulls the string and we run. With my expert engineer skills I was able to make a trigger out of the trunk of the carriage.

We all run away to be able to avoid the blast shields. After awhile of walking we start to recover.

"Oof, good thing I never valued my pelvis. How about you Edith? How are the kidneys," Asks Eudoria.

"Fine, I quite enjoyed it." She says, as she holds a cloth to the constant poor of blood coming from my forehead.

"Hm. You enjoy everything. It's most irritating," says Eudoria.

"Come on this way. Better get a move on."  Says Edith, we start to walk. Both Edith and I waking a bit to give Enola and Eudoria some space.

"He came to see me you know," she says,

"Who?" I ask,

"Sherlock, told me and Enola, that's when I got the both of you."

"Must have heard from Lestrade then, big fan of him,"

"Is he still an ostrich?" She asks,

"Still a bit strange, but better," I say, smiling,

"Well give him my best," says Edith, I look her way, "Come on, like I did not know about the two of you,"

"Maybe you should be a detective." I mutter. We walk over back to Eudoria and Enola.

"Who do you think organized all this after all? Hm? Me?" Says Eudoria, I wrap my arm around Enola and Edith does the same. "No you find your allies. Work with them, and you become more of who you are. You speak with one voice, and you will make more noise than you could ever have imagined." Says Eudoria,

"Come on. She should go. We'll put them off her scent." Says Edith, Eudoria looks a bit bummed for a second.

"So, you dust yourself down... keep facing forward. And if you ever get condemned for murder again you give me a shout." Says Eudoria,

"I will," Enola says, she turns to Edith, "thank you Edith," she turns to me

"I'll see you soon alright," I whisper in her ear, she nods her head and we hug. She turns to her mother,

"Be careful." She says, and gives her a hug. She walks away from us and Eudoria puts an arm around me. "And get a haircut. It's a mess,"

We wave goodbye to her and Eudoria starts to tear up.

"Come on," says Edith, and loops her arm around hers.

We walk back to another carriage waiting for us. A fail safe, my idea. Edith rides up front and Eudoria sits me down.

"It seems like your officially apart of the resistance," she says,

"You know I've always been apart of this." I say, she nods her head. "So what shall we do now?" I ask,

"You, will do nothing, I will not have another daughter be arrested, so lay low." She says,

"Eudoria- I-" she cuts me off,

"We will contact you again." She says.

I nod my head. I understand Eudoria's point. I do, but there's still a whole lot of fight left in me.