Chapter 26

I always enjoyed trains, especially as an inventor, trains are what practically sky rocketed my interest of them. When I wasn't at Ferndell hall I was at the train station, studying the gears turning as trains would take off to places that I could have only dreamed of at that point in my life.

I was in the cafeteria cabin, reading a newspaper and watching the scenery outside the window. I wasn't dressed in men's clothes, which I would usually travel in, I dressed as a proper lady, it made my insides curl up. But I have a particular reputation with the London police about my usual costumes, so it's best to go incognito.

"Did you hear parliament is calling for a public vote on women's worker rights?" Says a man across from me to his colleague, "it's completely ridiculous," he says,

"It's due to this strikes down in the match district, such harmful to a great man as Lord Lyon." Says his colleague. I roll my eyes behind my paper, you got to be kidding me. All of this politics is making me  consider moving to Sweden.

The train ride is short, well at least feels short, I read two novels have an expresso. Once we get our way into London I quickly move through the crowds and instead of walking I take a cab, which I have a gentlemen wave down for me, you see, I'm really buying into the proper lady thing.

It drives me down the familiar streets of London, once I get to my destination, I pay the cabbie and get out. I take out my Bobby pin, I pick the lock and hurry inside unnoticed. I get up to my destination, grab the key from underneath the potted plant. Open the door and close it behind me, facing the familiar dark cedar.

"Um excuse me, what are you doing in my flat?" Says an unfamiliar voice. I turn around, a man wearing spectacles, holding a medical journal is looking at me like I'm from the moon.

"I am one of Sherlock's friends was coming by for a visit." I say, nervously, who is this man and what is he doing at Baker Street.

"Although I haven't known Sherlock for that long I know he doesn't have any friends, especially any female friends." He says,

"Let's play a game then you ask me three questions about him and if I get them all correct than I get to stay here and wait for him how about that... doctor?" I say, he seems alarmed,

"How did you know I was a doctor?" He asks shocked.

"Let's see, first of all your holding a medical journal, and even though a person has just broken into what I assume is your place of residence you don't show any signs of nervousness, which usually shows in people's hands, and yours are a still as a statue, and if my experiment is correct," I push one of the books off the table, which he doesn't flinch too, "I assume surgeon, in the army, used to big noises going off like bombs and you also have a limp which seems that your rather accustomed to which would time up with the last time Great Britain was at war,"

"Holy crap you do know Sherlock," he says stunned,

"Pity I wanted to play the game," I say, walking through the flat, I fling my bag onto my armchair, and pour myself some whiskey.

"So nice to meet you doctor?"

"Watson, Doctor Watson. Yes I'm his flatmate I moved in two months ago." He says shaking my hand, "And you are,"

"Florence, Florence Bennet," I say.

"And I can assume that you're a detective simply by your deducting skills,"

"Nope engineer, the deducting talent is just a side effect from the Holmes I'm sure of." I say, "it's alright, live here for another month and you'll pick it up to."

He nods his head,

"So Florence what are you in town for," he says, I avoid the question.

"When's Sherlock due back?"

"He just popped down for some papers, I would offer you a coffee..."

"Oh I'm all covered, thank you though," I say holding up my whiskey glass slightly.

Footsteps bang from the stairwell,

"Watson! You will not believe what parliament is doing now," he says opening the door being fixated on his newspaper.

"Sherlock we have a guest,"

"Tell him I don't make any appointments with new cases on Sundays," he says occupied by the paper and sitting on the sofa. The bar cart is in the corner of the room so he didn't notice me at first.

"But Sherlock-"

"That's one way to treat a woman, total ignorance," I say laughing a bit, he looks up from his paper... his eyes meeting mine a look of desperation in his eyes appear.

"Florence?"