Chapter 24

The next day I meet Edith and Eudoria outside the factory. A crowd of girls walk out of the factory and down the road.

"Where are you going?" a random man asks the group,

"Westminster!" They shout.

"There they go." Says Edith

"That's a whole lot of noise." Says Eudoria,

"She likes causing trouble, doesn't she? It's as if she's molded that way." Eudoria looks back at Edith and I put my hand on her shoulder,

"She still needs that haircut," says Eudoria. We walk away from the group of girls.

"Alright, phase three," says Eudoria, both her and Edith share a knowing look.

"What do you mean?" I ask,

"We are sending you on your first assignment," says Edith,

"A recruitment one," says Eudoria,

"Recruitment?" I ask,

"We need more people, and the patriarchy doesn't only take down women, it takes down us all. Until we achieve equal rights we will never be free." Says Eudoria.

"You've traveled before, you know how to handle yourself, it's time to grow our numbers, because we need real change, real people to make some noise," says Edith.

Before I left I went to go see Sherlock. This time, I didn't take the window. He was out when I first came, he arrived soon and was shocked to find me sitting on his desk reading the newspaper.

"The names, what you did. You truly are a marvel." He says,

"Anything marvelous I got from the Holmes," I say,

"That's not true, you are a wonder, unworldly." He says, he walks towards me and puts down the newspaper.

"You have news don't you," he says,

"How do you know that?" I ask,

"Tightness of chess," he says tracing his fingers along my collarbone, he moves his hands up to my face, "Your eyes keep fluttering, I assume it's bad news, you are not able to maintain eye contact." He says, tracing the soft flesh underneath my eyes.

"I can't keep anything from you can I?" I ask, leaning my forehead on his. I take a deep breath in. "I'm leaving," I say, Sherlock straightens up.

"Why?" He asks,

"I can't tell you, for your own safety,"

"Why can't we just be together? Why can't we just be normal," he says walking past the window.

"I'm afraid, my love, that's impossible." I say, wrapping my arms around him.

"Why?" He says, he sounds so fragile,

"Because of us to be happy, we need to be ourselves, for you that's solving the worlds greatest mysteries, and for me, that's solving the worlds greatest problems,"

"That will take forever." He says,

"I will be back I promise, and rather, when have we ever been traditional," Sherlock chuckles.

"And somehow you are always right." He says, kissing my hand, he turns around to face me.

"Just promise me you'll write,"

"When I can,"

"And that you'll come back,"

"As soon as I can,"

"And promise me that your mine,"

"Always," I say, whispering into his ear, he grabs me and he kisses me. Molding ourselves together, but also showing how much he will miss me. We hold our heads together for five minutes.

"I love you, no matter how far you travel," he says, I kiss his hand again, grab my bag, and hop out the window.

Later that day...

"Alright, you say you would rather be married to a hippopotamus than go anywhere with more than a foot of snow?" Asks Aristide,

"Oh most definetly, plus hippos are rather plump if you think about it," says Valentine.

"Boys!" I say reaching them by the docks, "Now apart from which animals you would like to marry, I have a propensities for you," I say, putting my arms around them.

"Depend on the proposition," says Valentine.

"We need to make some real change, we need more people, from everywhere, because the mistreatment of anyone who is not white or a male, is a worldwide issue."

"So your suggesting?" Asks Valentine,

"A coked up road-trip all around the world to make some new friends?" Asks Aristide,

"Than sign me up," says Valentine,

"Me too," says Aristide,

"Well than boys, let's make some noise."