A Familiar Face.

It's been a whole week. Other than the first night back, I haven't gone to see my dad, it hurts too much to see him and him not recognize me. My mom is still trying to get through to him, she saw him after about a day or two, we thought maybe seeing her would help him come back. Even I think she's giving up.

As I sit in the kitchen waiting for my mom to come up I have an idea.

"Peter could you come with me?" I ask trying not to get the attention of others.

The two of us go to the training room, where no one else was, and he looked at me confused.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Listen, I know this might seem crazy, but I have an idea." I say, "You know how I could put him to sleep? What if I can put other memories in his head? The stuff he can't remember."

Peter turns his head. "You know what, that could work! Why didn't you say that in front of the others?"

"Well, I need to practice on someone. I thought maybe I could try and give you some memories about your parents." I say and he smiles and nods in agreement.

Peter sits down and I stand far away, I have to know if this works with some distance, since I can't go into the cage with my dad. I wave my hand and it glows red, the aura reaches Peter, but nothing happens.

"Anything?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

I take a step closer and again nothing happened. Finally, I place my hand right on his head, his eyes close for a moment and then opens them with tears about to spill from them.

"I remember! My parents took me to the beach and my dad and I ran from the waves!" Peter says.

"I poked into your subconscious and found something you had hidden away and basically just pulled it to the front of your brain. So, it works. But I have to be touching him." I say and Peter realizes how dangerous that could be. "I'll just put him to sleep, and Bucky will come in with me. It will be fine."

**** after everyone knows the plan ****

"No. It's not safe." Bucky says after I explain the plan to him.

"It could work, though, Bucky." Steve says and my mom nods.

"Are you sure you can keep him asleep and mess with his mind?" My mom asked. and i nod my head.

"Guys, we can't just let her go inside the cage with Tony when his mission is to kill her. What if it doesn't work like it did on Peter?" Nat says.

"Thank you. Someone with some sense." Bucky says.

"It's not anyone's choice, it's mine. I can do this. If it means getting my dad back, I have to try." I say then head for the stairs before turning around.

"Bucky and Steve could you come with me, just in case you need to hold him down." I say and start to head to the cage.

"Well, if it isn't y/n. What a nice surprise. Come to put me to sleep again?" my dad says through the class. I ignore him and get straight to trying to make him sleep. After a minute or so, he's out like a light.

"Okay. Open the door." I say and Steve does. The three of us step inside and Bucky and Steve stand close by.

I walk over to my dad and place my hand on his head, I start to reach deep into his mind, salvaging any memory I can.

It was maybe five minutes later, when I found memories and my mom and me. I start pulling them through his brain, so he will remember when he wakes up.