Chapter 1: Luke

Luke decided to get some homework done in school since it was a free period. He racked his brain trying to solve equations. He ran his hand through his hair, irritated by all the chattering and laughing coming from his cheerful and happy classmates. As he forced his brain to concentrate, he heard a high pitched laugh behind him. He knew to whom the laugh belonged even before looking at them. 

Luke turned and glared at Ashley who sneered back. God, how he hated her. He ignored her and turned back to his work. Sure, he could do his homework later and hang out as others did. But the only downside was he didn't HAVE any friends. None of his classmates was mean to him, but they weren't exactly friendly either. He knew it had something to do with his father, but he never really bothered to find out.

He heard someone call "Ashley!" and turned to look at Ashley. She appeared to be reading a book. The Real Time-Turner, he noticed the title. As soon as she heard her name being called by her friend, she slammed her book and shoved it under her desk and pretended to be inspecting her nails. She plastered a fake smile on her face as her friend approached her. They talked something and Ashley got up and went with the other girl. Probably to bully someone and make their life miserable, thought Luke.

Just as he was writing, he noticed Ashley and her gang of girls walk past him laughing loudly. He looked up and sighed. She had everything she needed. Beauty, friends, family, good-at-studies, popularity, the list could go on if Luke mentioned everything she had and he didn't. He would never admit it, but there were times when he envied her. 

He must've been staring at her and her gang because the next thing he knew, she was standing in front of him. He glanced up and saw her sneering down at him. He rolled his eyes at her. 

"what the hell do you want now?" He grumbled.

"Oh, nothing. Just wanted to make sure you were okay since you were glancing at my friends and seem to be alone" she said smirking. "Why don't you go out and hang out with your friends then? Oh, wait. You don't have any! Ahahaha!" She laughed at him. 

All her friends started laughing at Luke. Luke gritted his teeth. He hated getting made fun of, especially by Ashley. He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth forcing him not to yell at her. He glared up at her. "You could've gone and hung out with your friends too," He said through his gritted teeth. "But you didn't. And as I recall, you were reading a book" He said raising his eyebrows at her. Her expression changed.

"what do you mean?"

"Don't act. I saw you reading a book and I saw you shove it out of sight when your friend came." Luke said smirking to himself. So that's her weak point, Luke thought to himself. She reads books but doesn't want her friends to know that she's a nerd.

Ashley let out a breath "So? So what if I did? What if I shoved the book away? That's none of your business"

"oh, it might be. When your friends find out you're a nerd..?"

Ashley gritted her teeth. Luke could feel her anger bubbling up. But she just huffed and walked away.

That night Luke thought about how Ashley had made his life miserable. That day, during P.E., Ashley was the one who suggested to the coach to play dodgeball, and so they had to pick teams. Luke was confused at first since Ashley HATED sports.

 Then when they started picking teams, he realised it. Of course, Luke thought bitterly to himself. I'll be the last one to be picked, and the class will have a good laugh. Of course, she did it to humiliate me. She was born to make my life miserable. 

Just as he had thought, he was the last one to be picked. The team that was stuck with him looked at him in disgust. Luke felt so humiliated and sad. And when the game had started, every ball on the opposite team was aimed at him. So of course he was out in no time. The entire class snickered as he sulked his way to the bleachers. Luke felt so humiliated that he wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

 He was always laughed at like this, but today, he felt so chastened and dejected. But when he walked towards the bleachers, he thought the smirk on Ashley's face and the malice in her eyes faded a little, and something that would've made the world end happened. It looked as though Ashley was concerned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Luke went to collect the mail. The staff in his mansion would go through all the mail and leave Luke's outside his room. He found a package addressed to him. It was a misshaped package wrapped in old, yellowish paper. He frowned in thought. He hardly got any mail. And this was a package. He was excited to open it though. He sat on his bed and started unwrapping it.

Inside was a bubble wrap wrapped around something gold, and a note. He read the note first. It only said three words. Use it well.

He carefully removed the bubble wrap and took out the gold thing.

It sparkled and glinted as the sunlight filtered through his high windows fell on it. It was a bit blinding to look at first. But after his eyes had settled to the light, he took a sharp intake of breath looking at it. It was a small round object with a ring around it and over it, like a Saturn. The round thing in the middle had a small sand clock in it. Luke was amazed. The thing was breathtaking.

 The thing was breathtaking

Even though it was in the colour of old gold, it blazed and glowed and looked royal and precious. It felt as though it was radiating some kind of energy.

An old, but powerful radiance of energy. He turned the gold object around in his hand as he took in every piece of the amusing object. It was small but brilliant. He found some words etched on the side of it. It read: THE REAL TIME-TURNER.

Author's note: erm...hello! *nervously waves* so, uh, i wrote a book! yay! this is my first time writing on wattpad. i've been inspired SO much by all the fanfics people write, and it has set ablaze a fire inside me to write too! i would really really really love it if you guys continue reading this and comment and vote. you dont know how much it will mean to me.

love,

theweirdbookworm🎶