Chapter 36

"Mother, Father! I'm home!" Yula announced as she walked inside. Maids and Butlers were lined up at the side, bowing slightly.

Tch, it seems her family is rich.

A similar-looking woman walked down the stairs, dressed up in a flowing dark blue dress. She smiled brightly, as she reached out to give Yula a hug. "Hello, my dear! Did your trip go well?"

Yula nodded, smiling in return, "Yes, Mother. I found my sister! Estorea! Come here."

Estorea could only begrudgingly smile and stepped forward, executing a slight curtsy. "Greetings, Madam."

Estorea managed to catch a glimpse of disdain in her mother's eyes as she was scrutinised upon. It seems like she already doesn't like her. Figures.

"Mother, where's Father?" Yula questioned, pouting that her Father didn't come out to greet her.

"He's busy upstairs in the study, I'm afraid. Talking to some important people."

Yula's eyes lit up at the words of 'important people.'

She then faked a gasp as she brought up to cover her mouth with her hand, her eyebrows scrunched, "Oh no, I wasn't here to give them a greeting! I should go greet out the guests, Mother! We need them to have a good impression on us as a family." She turned to look at the maid standing next to her.

"Excuse me, do you mind leading my sister up to the prepared room? Thank you!" Yula rushed off to the study, wanting to get acquainted with these 'important people'.

Estorea would not have been able to control a snigger escaping her if it wasn't for the fact that her body was being controlled.

The maid who was instructed to bring her to her room walked in front of her, bowed, and gestured for Estorea to follow her.

Estorea immediately took a liking to this girl, she was a good maid. She didn't have any reaction and simply did her job as instructed. Thank god, there were at least some decent people they managed to hire.

As they went upstairs, Estorea admired the interior. As much as she hates to admit it, they had some good taste. It wasn't too extravagant, right in the middle which was perfect.

They stopped in front of a dark oak wooden door. The maid opened the door, "Here is your room, Miss." She said.

"Thank you." Estorea walked inside, "Please call for me if you need anything, my name is Aria." The maid informed before she closed her door, leaving her alone.

Left alone in the room, Estorea explored the place to see what her new place would be for the next few years. It was clean, the window was open and there was a decent amount of sunlight streaming, with beautiful bush flowers as a view.

She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, definitely a very nice area her dear sister prepared for you. She wasn't expecting such a nice room.

After exploring the room, Estorea sat on the bed, not knowing what to do. She swung her legs, humming slightly.  The reason she was being controlled... was because there was a story written for the life of the Villainess. In the end, the Villainess was exiled and she found a lover and became good because the heroine has mercy on her.

What an unfair ending. It was so ridiculous.

As a side villainess, a puppet. She was simply killed off. It pissed Estorea off.

The original Estorea didn't even do much, she was manipulated into harming others which dirtied her hands. Yet, when it was uncovered that she didn't do it on purpose and that she was manipulated. No justice was served. The main culprit had a happy ever after in the end.

'I guess the author also liked the villainess. So much that she wrote a book for her.'

But, Estorea didn't believe in happy ever afters. There was evil in humans, no human was truly selfless and all good. And even if they were, they would hurt the ones they love but being selfish because they want to be selfless.

Happy ever afters only exists in fictional stories. Well, she was in one. But it didn't show what happened after the end of the story.

An author can create a world, or maybe, they just wrote about a world that already existed.

'If that was so, these laws wouldn't be here.'

Estorea sighed, she lied back down on the bed. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

...

Knock knock!

Estorea's eyes flew open, she sat up and tided her hair.

"Coming!" A word came out of her mouth unwantedly. Estorea could only roll her eyes inwardly as she felt her control over her body disappear again.

She walked to the door and opened it. To see her Yula standing outside with a beautiful smile on her lips. "Estorea! I'm done meeting with the guests. May I accompany you?"

Estorea nodded. "Sure, where do you want to go?"

Yula beamed, "To the garden! I want to show you my favourite places there. It's simply beautiful." Nodding, Yula took Estorea's hands.

However, Estorea could tell it wasn't a simple hangout. She was doing this for a reason. And she had a guess that maybe those important people in the bastard's study were handsome young noblemen and Yula was showing her around just to give an impression that Yula was a kind-hearted girl and capture one of their eyes, somehow.

And she was spot-on.

They were visiting an in-built lake when Yula bends down to pluck one of the flowers and two noblemen walk by and had caught sight of her, picking up the flower and tucking her hair behind her ear, showing a gentle look in her eye and smiling lightly.

Estorea wanted to cringe so hard, she just described the whole situation and it came as exactly as she predicted. Now the only thing needed was some pink flower petals raining down on her and the scene was complete.

She took a look at the two noblemen and wrinkled her nose. Yula was performing an act for the looks of that? How low are her tastes...? They were ugly. Even Kieran who she considered normal-looking suddenly looked a lot better in her eyes.

Estorea then wondered how would Yula act in order to capture his heart. They were kinda exactly the same. Had a pretense on the front and a nasty personality inside.

Although people say 'opposites attract!', according to research, it's more likely for two similar people to be attracted to each other.

Estorea saw the two noblemen walking over to them and she couldn't but let out a huge sigh. Oh god. She thought.