Chapter 16

Estorea tugged at the grass, she looked up, still staring at the butler, whilst trying to get a good look at the room as best as she could.

She sighed, she was terribly bored. Seeing a person do nothing but sit at a  desk and move their hand would be boring as hell. Estorea even analysed their behaviour during the waiting time.

It also has been 3 hours, almost 4. Dinner would start at 7PM, and she had only 5 more hours left to spare.

Estorea looked down at her pocket watch, she looked up and stared at the butler. It was a constant repeat. 

Finally, the butler stood up, Estorea's eyes lit up, seeing him finally move. 

She saw him, keeping the papers neatly, cleaning up the desk. And shortly afterwards, left the Study.

Estorea looked at her watch, 4 hours and 15 minutes. 'I should go back now.' 

Now that she had finally gotten what she needed, Estorea got up and started moving. 

Cautiously and swiftly, she quietly moves, trying to get closer to the wall. And made sure that over that wall, it was the Sky Palace. It would simply be ridiculous if she would be an idiot and climb over any given wall. Of course not!

As Estorea manages to slowly, and surely get closer to the wall. 

About to climb it, she then saw a person appear at the corner of her eyes, and she widened her eyes, hurriedly looking around, she saw some flower beds and quickly went to them, bent down, and started to check the flowers there.

She was panicking slightly, taking a deep breath. Estorea tried to calm herself down. The person who just appeared...

It wasn't any other person, it was the Crown Prince! Crown. Prince! Evan Gladian...

'This is bad... I hope he doesn't come to notice me.' She thought, grinding her teeth in frustration. If only she had been faster, she wouldn't be stuck in this situation!

{When Evan saw Estorea for the first time, he immediately felt a sense of mild dislike for her.}

Evan took notice of her, he paused in his footsteps. The feeling of dislike swirled up in his body, he frowned. 

He walked up to Estorea.

"Excuse me?" His voice takes on a tone of friendliness, smiling to add on the image of a friendly person.

Estorea took a deep breath, her hands gripping onto her knees tightly. 

She realised her grip and stood up, turning around and seeing the white haired boy before her. She widened her eyes, tilt and let out an aura of curiosity. 

"Yes, sir?" 

Evan studied his appearance, "Are you perhaps a gardener?" He asked. He didn't know who this person was, why was it that he felt such a dislike for someone whom he never met?

Estorea shook her head, "Oh, no... I'm a step-in. One of the gardeners is on sick leave today, and he recommended me."

Evan nodded, "I see... What's your name, may I ask?" He asked out of courtesy. 

Estorea smiled, "I'm Ester. Yours?" 

"Evan." He replied.

Well, he ought to get going now. "I have some matters to attend to, do go back to your duties. Goodbye." He said, and turned and walked away, heading for the Sun Palace, it seems.

Estorea stared at his back, she slowly turned around, and crouched back down. Tending to the stems once more, she furrowed her eyebrows. 

'Could he have been under the storyline? I do remember there was a peculiar line when him and the original Estorea first met...'

'{When Evan saw Estorea for the first time, he immediately felt a sense of mild dislike for her.} That is the line, I'm positive... It seems like those who are involved in the plot, cannot escape it, unless they have knowledge on it and manage to come up with some plan.'

She shook her head and sighed, "I should go now." Standing up, she looked around, making sure no one was present. And then quickly climb the wall, landing on the opposite side. 

The moment her feet landed on the ground, she immediately took off to where her room was.

Finding the window to her room, she quickly opened it and checked her surroundings once again, and climbed inside.

Taking off her disguise, she kept it in the bag carefully, placing the leather cover on top, and made sure it was secure. 

Putting on her previous outfit and eye contacts, Estorea styled her hair into a low ponytail this time. 

Estorea then walked to the door, and let out a slight yawn, opening it.

With droopy eyes, she looked outside, seeing Anette stand guard. "Ane!" She called out.

Anette, who was focused on guarding, jumped when she heard Estorea's voice. "A-ah! Sir! How was your nap?" 

Estorea smiled, "It was pleasant. Thank you." Anette smiled back in response, "That's good to know, Sir. Would you like to stay in your room, or do you want to go anywhere?"

"Hmm.... I don't really know. Do you have any suggestions?" She asked, after thinking for a while and having no desire to go anywhere in the palace besides from wanting to complete her goal.

Anette rubbed her chin, shutting her eyes as she thought really hard. She looked really cute that Estorea couldn't help but let out a chuckle, and started to pat her head.

Feeling a hand on her head, Anette opened her eyes to find Estorea rubbing her head. 

She looks at him, and tilts her head.

A/N: Do remember that Estorea is disgusting herself as a male. In Anette's perspective, I would be referring to her as a he.

"Now that I think about it, sir... What's your name? You never introduced yourself." Anette asked curiously.

Estorea blinked, and laughed. "My name is Ester. I thought you might have received my name from the head maid. So I didn't tell you, my apologies." 

As one should know, when you are going to register for something under a disguise, you would use a fake name. Hence, which is what Estorea did. 

She had told Haigu that she would be going under the assumed name of Ester Gnois. It would be far too risky and stupid if she would use her real name.

Anette rubbed the back of her neck, flushing. "I accidentally spilled some sauce on the paper that had your details on it... It wasn't readable anymore, so I tore it up and threw it away. I also have, well, really bad memories. So I forgot your name..." 

"I see..." Estorea trailed off, "Well, now you know my name! Feel free to ask me if you forgot!" She teased.

"Hmph, like I would be affected by your teasing! Oh yes! Where to go... How about... The library? I haven't seen you go there at all. It's not a restricted area, so it should be fine." 

Estorea nodded, "That's alright. Now, shall you lead the way?" She wink at Anette who blushed. 

"It's against the rules to make the staff flustered, sir!"