Chapter 1

Being called a genius was no fun.

It was no fun at all.

Do you think this is a blessing?

No.

It's not.

In fact, mockingly, it's actually a curse in disguise of a blessing.

You have expectations to fulfil, eyes are on you constantly. Just waiting...

For that one little mistake that will mess you up.

I hate it when people said they wish to be smart.

Being someone with a high IQ, means you get to see the true world under its blanket at a younger age.

And suddenly, everything around you seems dull and sad. It just doesn't seem so bright now, is it?

I hate it.

I despise it.

I hate expectations, leave me alone.

I want a different life. Please.

Please.

I will do anything to achieve that.

Even if it means sacrificing others. That will, of course, be the last option if I have no other less messy options left.

...

From a young, my only escape from reality was reading. I loved reading. As a matter of fact, I always went to the National library every day after school and spent hours there until its closing time, which is at 9 PM sharp.

I would read all kinds of books, it's fun reading other genres. From history to geography, to English, to math. It was very interesting to me.

However, as soon as I reached the age of 14. I realised I have read all the books in the National Library.

Which is in a total... About 500,000 books?
Mind you, I started reading when I was 3.

And I spent every day at the library when I turned 7.

Since my parents were always occupied with their work, they would never realise that I spent a lot of time at the library a lot. I did bribe the nanny to keep this quiet...

My parents had given me an allowance so I was able to do so.

Anyways...

What should I read now?

_______________________

From then,

Was the day I had stumbled upon the billions of books lying around the internet.

And that... Manga, manhwas, webtoons and manhuas exist!

I wasn't feeling very open-minded on starting to read those pictures, long panels stories yet.

So I headed for Japanese, Chinese, Koreans and Thai novels. Of course, those were the main ones.

It was a mind-blowing experience.

I loved it. It was interesting.

Countless times, I read the death flag trope novels. Most of them were the same, try to avoid the main characters but instead end up attracting them or pairing up with another dangerous individual.

Although I read many cliches, I never did seem to get bored of them.

Having been gifted the power of a photographic memory, I could naturally remember everything that I did, do, and read in my life.

But, a photographic memory wasn't naturally fun either. You could always remember all the traumatic memories and nightmares that you just wish to swat away and make disappear into pieces.

But of course, that was not possible with this so-called photographic memory. I would consider this, neutral. Both a blessing and a curse.

Soon after, I moved on to the picture stories. It was quite enjoyable. I enjoy it.

Just my whole life, I never really was close to anyone. Since my parents were always at work, I naturally, just didn't have a spark with them.

Friends...

Okay, I admit I'm a bit arrogant and picky on this one. But I can't handle it if they are not smart as me. I mean, it's not really that enjoyable to hang out with dumb people, you know?

It's just, straight up annoying and tiring.

Adding on to that, dating also wasn't an option. Who would want to spend time with a human as a lifelong companion? You have to pay for a bigger apartment, more bills, buy gifts for them, remember your special days or they will hijack you.

That... Right, that doesn't sound quite appealing to me.

So, well, I remained alone. Well, I guess that was a part of my fault. I'm too lazy...

And I'm never interested in anything besides just reading.

I was a boring, and smart girl in my life.

______

Going to 22 years old, I was a computer engineer that made a decent amount of cash. By then, I read at least, 1,500,000 books. Seems impossible but I have to brag about my reading speed.

I forced myself to learn Korean, Chinese and Japanese just so I could read the picture stories in their original language without having to wait.

Gosh, was that a troublesome experience...

You know, I calculated that I could live up to at least a 97.34 years old + a month extra.

I just didn't realise, it when I reach the age of 26.

I had, unfortunately, with unforeseen circumstances, manage to die by being rammed into a construction area by a stroller than somehow miraculously, the mental hook that was holding a huge, rectangle sized, mental plank, got detached and headed straight down for my body and, well.

I got crushed, my bones went crack, blood splattered everywhere, all my organs also went 'squish' and, I assume there was a lot of screaming.

I guess I didn't get my dream death of dying on sleeping pills...

How sad.

Well, goodbye to my non-finished list of the things I was reading.