Chapter 1

I sat in my corner thinking. Ron was on his bed reading comic books while I thought about possible weapons to make. They took my bow and arrows. I was very upset but I didn't show it. I don't want them to think I was dangerous.

It felt like my stomach was going to explode. I refused to eat any of the food they gave me. I can't trust them. I could never trust them.

"Mikey and Enid are coming over today." Ron said to me. I made no reply. I continued to think. About reasons to leave and my past. Every thing I have done. I killed a lot of people but trust me they were asking for it. I have nothing live for.

I took marshal arts, archery classes and I also gun handling and firing classes. I like to think I was a trained ninja cause I did a lot of parkour and I also had a katana sword which they to they took. My dad taught me all about nature so I knew animal tracks too and other stuff. I shifted my position.

My emerald eyes moved over towards the door and then out the window. To think there might be living corpses outside the walls hurts me. It was so quite today. I don't like the quite.

I listened to the steady breathing of Ron. I shifted again because I was practically sitting on my own hair. It was very long.

I heard movement outside and the doorbell rang. Ron got up and went to get the door. When he came back Enid and Mikey were with him. I stood up and sat on the bed. So did Enid.

I guess she understood how I felt because she came from the outside too. She was the only person I communicated with by Notes. She swore not to tell anyone what I told her. She knows a lot about me like I don't know my name and that I'm 14 and my favorite color was the color of my eyes. Stupid stuff like that. I passed a note to her saying, "What's up?"
She wrote something down and passed it back to me. "Reading" she took out a book and started to read and she passed me another note while the boys started to play video games. "You look tired."
"I'm dead *o*." I gave the note to her and I put my head on her shoulder. It was nice her but at least I still got my boot knife on me. I started to fall asleep on her shoulder.

#_Carls POV_#

I rang the door bell of Ron's house. According to Rick he is my age and when he opened the door, sure enough he was.

"Oh you must be Carl, the new kid." He said weirdly.
"Yeah," he invited me inside and we went up to stairs to his room. I looked around the room and saw three other kids my age there too. 1 boy and 2 girls.

"This is Mikey." Ron said and me and Mikey shook hands. Ron continued to talk and said, "This is Enid. She is kinda new just like you. She came about 4-5 months ago. I looked over at her and she just looked back at me. There was another girl sleeping on her shoulder.

"Is this yours?" I asked and handed her the comic book. "Yeah." she muttered and she put it next to her and continued to read.

"Who is that other girl?" I asked looking at the brown haired girl. She had very long hair. Like it never was cut. She's kinda cute.

"We don't know. She doesn't talk or tell us anything." Mikey said.
"The only person she does talk to is Enid." Ron said.
"She doesn't 'talk' they just pass notes. But Enid won't tell us anything." Mikey corrected.

"Oh." I said. She looks so nice. A silence came over our small group but Ron asked, "Soooo you want to play video games."

"Uhhhh sure." I said and glanced at the girl. And the rest of the day we played video games.

Later that day I saw that Enid girl outside. I followed her out the walls. But when I got out she was gone.

#_[Ann's] POV_#

I woke up and Enid was gone. Ron was still playing video games. I walked over and tapped his arm. He turned quickly and said, "Woah... You moved."

I looked at him as if to say "What happened?"
"Uh some kid named Carl came over while you were sleeping and we played video games." I sighed and went to my corner.

Later that night I got up and went to the window of the house. I jumped and ran over to the wall. I jumped it and ran to a rock as quick as possible. I checked under the very large rock and there was a bow with 30 or 40 arrows. I sighed and made my way back to the house.

Thank Goodness they were there.