Chapter 6

I woke with a start. I had a horrible nightmare but it was one of those that you can't remember. I turned around in Carl's bed to look around. Carl was sleeping on the floor and Judith was sleeping peacefully. I turned over trying to go to sleep again but I every time I closed my eyes I got scared of the dark.

I turned over to look towards the door. It was even darker on the other side. At least hear I have moon light. I looked back to Carl and got up off my bed over to him. He was in a sleeping bag that was very large so I slowly got in it with him. As I scooted as far as possible away from Carl in the sleeping bag he made a sudden movement.

I slowly looked at him and all he did was shift positions while asleep. I sighed and closed my eyes. I went into a deep sleep and maybe not 10 mins later a gun shoot rang. Carl and I woke with a start. First he glanced at Judith, then where I was sleeping. I buried my body in the sleeping bag, but Carl knew I was in it.  He lifted the covers and peeked in to see my blushing red face.

He did not ask questions because the gun shot caused him to get up quickly and all he shouted was, "Come on!" I jumped p it of the bag and followed him. We ran and saw a bloody Rick in the meeting circle with a dead Peter.

"Dad!" Carl shouted and gave him a embrace as I covered my mouth in shock. I stumbled backwards into Jesssie who gave me an embrace.

The next days just flew by. Until the discovery of the hoard of walkers in the ditch came about I did nothing.

A few times I went out to train since that but not with Carl. I like him and it's a danger even though I still live at his house. I don't think he likes me back, I don't know, but I'll always protect when this place falls.

Even though they found and took my weapons I still practiced with my fists.

When I got home the first thing I did was check on Carl. He was sleeping so I the same but Rick woke me up.

"Are these yours?" He asked questionably. I looked to see what he had and to my surprise he had my bow and arrows, my sword, and my knifes. 'He must have found them.'

"Yes." I reached out for them while Rick looked slightly surprised.
"Don't do anything stupid with them." Rick sad almost like my dad.
I nodded and took them. I am glad we can have our weapons back.

Later that night I went out again, and trained more. While training I thought about Enid...

After that day everyone left for the mission and me and Carl were home alone with Judith. She is so cute. I'll always protect her, along with Carl, Rick and there whole family with my life.

Carl glanced over to me from the couch. I blushed and then smiled.

Tell me if you find any errors in my writing I'll fix them.