Chapter 5

I opened my eyes to find everything was blank. I knew I was not awake for I had a weird sensation that told me I was asleep. Possibly in a coma. I looked at my body and I was clean. Not dirty from the woods me and Carl played in but clean. Blood was not on me from when I was at the fight. The fight. Gosh.

Memories lite the corners of my mind and I found myself in the middle of the woods. A blonde boy was staring at me. It all came back to me... I looked up into his light green eyes and fell forward. Tears littered my face. He started to jog towards me but when he got close he showed no signs of stopping. He ran though me.

I turned to see two scared girls. They were a lot younger than the boy I knew so well. My best friend and I back away while crying. The boy expressed his interested to the brown haired girls. They nodded slowly and agreed to come along.

Watching this made my heart ache. It was now back to blankness. Something in the disstance moved. I drifted towards it and stopped in front of it.

The misty memory made a ripple when I touched it. I flinched back and everything was black.

I opened my eyes to see a Amber eyed girl staring at a green eyes girl. I imeedantly recognized both and when the green eyed girl got up they ran out the tent together screaming about The boy they had become sooo close too. Flashes of all three of us playing in camp together quickly came in and out of my mind and it was blank again.

A memory appeared in my mind but it was hard to find cause blackness surrounded it. When I found it my body was overcome by coldness. I found a girl and boy tied up together. Both crying. All alone blind folded by ass holes. They already pulled off the blind fold off the Amber eyed girl and lead her off somewhere while she screamed mercy. In about 3 mins the pair heard gun shots.

They shoved us together. Bodies against one another to stay warm. They took off the blind folds and the jerks that caught us tried to separate us but they tried to grab me. Screaming each others names. I,myself knowing it's just a memory anyway, lunged forward. I tried to grab both of them but my hands slipped on through them. Everything was black again. I cried and cried until I finally for real woke up.

I looked around and I was in Ron's bedroom. It was very quite. For once I woke up and Pete was not beating Jessie. I tried to get up but my stomach had pain shoot through it so I sat back down. Ron walked in and sat next to me.

"Anna...I don't understand." Ron muttered. My mind was racing. I was extremely frightening. I don't want to be here. I can't be here. It's not good here. "Please! Let me leave! I can't!" I shouted at Ron struggling to get to my feet. "Wha?!" Ron managed to squek out. I fell and he helped me up. "What are you saying?" Ron asked.

"I can't stay here." I muttered under clenched teeth. I got up and started for the door. "You know...Carl visited you a lot." Ron called to me and I stopped for a single second. "Where are you going?" He asked getting up.
"To Carl." I replied and left that house fore I owned nothing there.

I feebly walked to Carl's house. I'm pretty sure I passed out because of lack of food. I had to fall several times before I got there. I rang the door bell and heard footsteps. Rick opened the door.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. He was pretty bruised up. I couldn't help feel it was my fault all of this happened but I shrugged it off. I opened my mouth to say, "Can I stay here," but all that came out was throw up.

I fell again while managing not to get in my own throw up. He picked me up and brought me into his kitchen where he set me down on their shiny counter. "You are not supposed to be here. I was told you were to rest at Jeesie's." Rick said and I nodded but said, "I can't stay there..."

A sudden expression as if he understood came over his face. I heard footsteps up stairs. I tried to get up off the counter but fell. I got up again and feebly made my way to the bottom of the stairs.

"Anna!?" Carl exclaimed when he saw me. He came running down the stairs and crashed into me. He gave me a bone crushing hug. I hugged him back and a small tear rolled down the side of my face onto his shirt. Rick stood there like an awkward parent. When Carl and I stopped hugging I laughed at Rick.

"What?" Rick asked very confused.
"You have a look on your face as if we just kissed our something." I said between giggles. Both men blushed which put me into a giggle fit. Something must have dawned on Rick and he stopped leaning on the counter and said, "Carl, I need you to watch Judith tonight. Anna too." Carl eyes seemed more serious too now as he agreed but he turned around and asked as his father was locking the doors.

"Is Anna staying with us? Forever?" Rick turned and looked at me and asked, "Is that okay for you?"
"That's why I came here. I can't stay at that house anymore." I said quietly. Rick nodded and said to Carl, "Yeah."

Rick finished locking all the doors and windows and said, "I'm leaving."
"Where are you going." I asked.
"To a meeting. About me." Rick said grimly.

He left and me and Carl grabbed Judith. I took Judith while he grabbed the crib for he and we went into his room. I could tell by all of the comic book clutter.

We put her in her crib and she played while I gently laid myself on his bed. Carl came over and laid next to me. "Need anything?" He asked me. To be honest I was very hungry but knowing if I had to much of an intake I would throw up I just asked for some salted crackers and a warm water.

Carl got up and went to get the food. I silently smiled. Judith looked up towards me and laughed a cute baby laugh; she then started to play with a little white sheep. I watched her play until Carl came back. I sat up and quickly ate all of the crackers and drank half the water. Carl, being Carl, was shocked but didn't say anything as we laid down in the bed. Having a full stomach I fell asleep and I think Carl did too.