Gun-14

As the sky showed me how devastating the whole place was, my tears fell no matter how hard I tried to suppress the pain. 

I can't even think about anything right now except for the fact that my mother is missing! The situation is very hard to absorb and understand. How can they do this to us? Who's behind this chaos? Paano na kami mabubuhay sa mapayapang paraan kung laging ganito ang nangyayari? 

"Lieutenant, please give us your order," Eisel said. 

I closed my eyes for a moment and tried to compose myself. This is not the right time to dwell with my personal feelings. I'm one of the highest officials so I need to be brave enough. 

Wala sa sarili akong tumayo at hinarap silang lahat. Hindi dapat ako nagiging mahina. Kailangan ako ng lahat. 

"Contact Seeker Hadley and tell her that I'll wait for her at the command office. I need her there after 5 minutes," I said pertaining to the girl in front of me. 

She nodded and immediately disappeared. I looked at the man who reported the most crucial news to me. I sighed heavily before I could give him my order. 

"Follow Captain Astronoum and report to me everything," I said as I emphasized the word everything. 

He blinked for a moment when he heard my order. Kahit nagtataka ay tumango siya bilang sagot sa sinabi ko. 

I closed my fist as I tried to lower my suspicions towards him. I know that this is not right, he's the Captain and I'm his Lieutenant but I gave orders to follow him secretly. I don't want to think about negative things but all of these chaos are somehow related to him. 

He's the only fire manipulator who can turn the whole place into ashes in just a matter of second. Sana nga lang ay wala talaga siyang kinalaman sa mga nangyayari. Wala naman siyang rason para gawin ang lahat ng 'to. 

I created an ice ladder connected to the building where the command office is. When I reached the terrace of the 16th floor, I quickly opened the glass door. Tumakbo ako papasok at hinanap ang office sa dulo ng hallway. 

I gasped when I saw the soldiers, lying on the cold surface of the ground, full of blood and burnt marks--lifeless. 

This is insanely brutal!

If I count all of them, I might end up wasting five hours. Paano nila nagagawa ito sa mga inosenteng tao? 

I slowly walked towards the command room, trying to avoid the bodies of every soldier in front of me. I closed my fist as a proof of anger and hatred. This is not right anymore. Their way of scaring us is killing thousands of our people!

Ang tanging ingay lang na maririnig sa buong palapag ay ang tunog ng takong ko. I can already feel the cold sensation within my palm. Napatingin ako dito at dahil na rin siguro sa sobrang galit, hindi ko na namalayan na nakagawa ako ng daggers.

Someone pulled me beneath the walls which made me very alert. She gasped for air when I held her neck upward, ibinigay ko ang pwersang meron ako para lang maiangat siya paitaas. 

"Lieutenant!" Hadley whispered as she gasped for air. 

I immediately withdrew my hand when I realized that it was Hadley. She coughed for a moment and tried to make her breathing steady.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that it was you. Are you okay?" nag-aalalang tanong ko habang hinahagod ang kanyang likod. 

"My gosh! I almost lost my life," she exaggeratedly hissed when she recovered. 

I punch her right shoulder when I realized that she's fine. Muntik ko ng makalimutan na seeker siya at may angkin din siyang lakas. 

"Why are you so angry? Your hands are very strong and cold," she said.