Gun-6

The light from the corridor outside made me see his glowing orbs. I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from showing him any emotions. He looked directly into my eyes and smirked.

"What? Don't stop yourself from smiling. I know you like me," he playfully said.

"I like someone else," I coldly said.

He raised a brow and crossed his arms. I don't know but I somehow felt another glint of irritation.

"I also do, but I'm engaged to a very smart woman that's why I'm forcing myself to like her," he said.

This time, I rolled my eyes. This is why I hated the fact that he's my fiancé. Too playful, cold and unexplainable. I left him in front of my closed door. I heard his footsteps behind me.

When we reached the kitchen, Alayah immediately turned her gaze to us. She grinned and smiled afterwards. She's a very transparent shipper. On the other hand, Hadley just looked at Xipher seriously and then, after a few seconds, she looked away.

"Don't read my emotions, Amalia," she said without looking at me.

It's too late tho, this is why I wanted to stop Alayah from saying anything about me and Xipher. I know that Hadley likes her brother. I can sense deep feelings when I see her eyes. It's somehow a matter of acceptance because we're already engaged due to our family's decision and I know more than anyone else that this can never be broken.

But then, at some point, I want to let Xipher see Hadley's feelings. Gosh, I'm about to spit another fact if I'm going to continue this over-thinking issues in my head.

I sat down again to my spot before I left earlier. Xipher followed and sat beside me. Alayah's playful look won't leave us. I looked at her with dagger eyes but she just shrugged.

I was about to continue eating when Xipher suddenly moved his chair closer to me. I saw Hadley stiffened but when she saw me looking at her, she smiled. It's not fake of course. I can read emotions, that's why I'm so sure.

"Why are you here, kuya?" Alayah said between her huge grin.

"I'm visiting my fiancée. I can't see anything wrong with that."

Muntik ko nang itapon ang hawak kong tinidor sa kaniya. 'Di ko alam kung bakit pati si Hadley ay natatawa. Alayah's lips formed into an 'o' when her brother said that.

"You're not allowed to go here," I fired back.

I can feel his skin within my arms. He's too close. I can smell his manly scent. He's not looking at me but I felt like my heart is going to pump faster than normal.

"But you let me in," he answered me.

"Because you're my friend," I said.

"Your fiancé," he corrected.

I heard Alayah chuckled I was worried because Hadley was there but when I turned my gaze towards her, she's also smirking. What the hell, kung ako ang makakarinig ng ganito sa harap mismo ng taong gusto ko, siguradong hindi ko makakayanang ngumisi o ngumiti man lang!

"Yung totoo, kuya. Bakit ka nga nandito?" pangungulit pa ni Alayah.

Patapos na kaming lahat sa pagkain. Nakakawalang gana lang dahil may katabi akong masungit. Di naman naki-kain pero dito pa umupo sa tabi ko!

"I told you, I'm here for my fiancée. If you're done eating, go out," he said.

"Oh my gosh, you want to be with our friend?Baka kahit wala pa ang kasal, may pamangkin na ako!" she hysterically said.